Newbie from Dallas TX

Tyson

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi Weber fans,
I made an early new years resolution to join some BBQ / Grilling forums. Instead of just reading them. I purchased my first Weber Kettle May, 2013 and have been loving it ever since. I had a few issues with her, but Weber took care of me ASAP. Great customer service!! Now she is perfect. Oh and I recently added a Smokey Joe Silver to my collection. I may turn into a mini WSM. I have owned a few gas grills over the years and always hated out hot they got. Even with only one burner set to low! :mad: They were not Weber brand... so who knows. That said, I am loving the way of charcoal so much more. :cool:

Enough typing already... hope you enjoy the pictures.

My tools:
20131215_154417.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What I like to see:
20131215_162913.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pork loin, one of my favorites:
20130522_183418.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ribeye (reverse sear), camp fire potatoes, and asparagus:
20131201_183345.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chicken quarters in a wet brine for 8 hours and a cuba libre. The lime is hidden at the bottom:
20131215_154218.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chicken quarters on the grill. Smoked with hickory wood chunks:
20131215_174454.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can you spot the Smokey Joe?
20131119_165720.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Joe was full with camp fire potatoes and thin cut ribeyes. So we cooked some whole corn over the campfire:
20131119_191125.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes I know it's funny how the "campfire potatoes" were cooked in the Joe, not near the fire...

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy new year!

~Tyson

Welcome to the forums Tyson.

That is one heck of a ribeye. I guess they saying is true, everything's bigger in Texas!

Welcome to the forums Tyson.

That is one heck of a ribeye. I guess they saying is true, everything's bigger in Texas!

I think it was a Nolan Ryan Ribeye. The man knows how to grow them! He could throw a baseball pretty good too. ;)

Thanks for the kind words gents.

~Tyson

I am think that rib eye is the best I have seen in a long time. Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm away from my Weber and already going through withdraws!

Back