new WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa L

TVWBB Member
I got my new WSM from Amazon on Thursday. Did a brisket Friday night, did two pork shoulders Saturday night. The thing is USED now. Both turned out quite nice! I was amazed at how stable the cooker held temperature. It was a nice sunny weekend here in Northern CA so the weather was on my side, but still I was very surprised when I got up Saturday morning at four to check on the temp and it was 230 just like I was aiming for. Sunday early morning I didn't even bother getting up in the middle of the night to check on the temp. I have never had any regrets after buying ANY Weber product, and the WSM just adds to the list! This thing is awesome. Next weekend, racks o ribs!!

Theresa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...but still I was very surprised when I got up Saturday morning at four to check on the temp ...
Theresa[/QB] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Theresa,

Notu sure where you are up here in Northern CA, but go to a BBQ's Galore store and get yourslef a Brinkman Charcoal Pan.

It's the pan that holds the charcoal for Brinkman smokers, but just so happens to fit where you put the water pan for your WSM. It's holds two, if not 3 times the amount of water your standard WSM pan holds.

Which means you can put a brisket or a butt on at 10 or 11, hit the hay, and wake up at 6 or 7 without having to wake up in the middle of the night to refill your water pan, check temps, etc.

Have fun with your new toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back