New WSM On Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Reiser

TVWBB Member
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I finally ordered a WSM. I've been on the fence should I , shouldn't I, after reading through this forum I decided to "Go For It"! My take is that most people really love their little WSM.

It really is a great and easy way to make BBQ. Had mine for 3 weeks now and have used it every weekend. So far everything came out great except the chicken - I only had hickory and it's too much for chicken. I'll use apple next time.

Now you just need to get the Maverick ET73 temp probes. I also use a large metal car oil drip pan for putting everything on. It does help keep the deck clean. The metal is also helpful if you just happen to drop a hot coal on it.

Welcome to the club!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tips, I have a Redi-Chek Remote Smoker Thermometer on order also. I've smoked for years on a ECB, had a Brinkman offset for a while and lastly a Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain which works good, but not great. I have a collection of dial thermometers, this will be my first Digital. I'm looking forward to doing some smokin' with the WSM.

SE Minnesota, I'm from SE Manitoba. We're neighbours!! Welcome to the club. You will truly enjoy cooking on the WSM. It has to be one of the best and easiest to use smoke cookers available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back