New WSM (98% of one) in the family..

Scott H.

TVWBB Member
I ordered a WSM for my Father-in-law as a gift. He has been intrigued with one ever since I got mine, and he loves how it produces great results. It came in today, missing the aluminum damper on the lid. One quick call to Weber, and they have a replacement damper on the way.
I can't thank you guys enough for all the good advice on the WSM (I came from years of a large side firebox pit to the WSM for something more reasonable to manage), now we'll have another backyard warrior in the ranks!

What a great son-in-law you are! Mine only gave me a gift card to HD.

Hopefully, Mom and daugther will tolerate you and "Dad" smoking the weekends away.

My daughter isn't married yet, but if her husband ever brings me something like that, I'll let them move in.

No, I didn't pay for the whole thing, just went in with my Mother-in-law and offered to order one to prevent the purchase of a smoker that he would be disappointed with...a Brinkmann or something like that. Had many conversations about airflow, consistent temps, build quality, etc. over the last week. My wife and I also got him a gift card so that he can deck it out with a thermometer, rib rack, whatever.

Back