New Welded Chute

Weber contacted me yesterday and said that they had to canceled my initial order for the welded chute. But they immediately entered a replacement order. That arrived today. I like the look of it. I can't install it today because there's a 30 mph wind blowing and I'd lose everything. But tomorrow, after my round, I'll get it installed.

I’d be interested to see if this makes a difference, I have been having a few issues with flame outs and pellet bridging! I just received a new controller as mine was slightly faulty, but when I asked them about the new chute they wanted me to try the controller first! However I have just had another flame out so I will be giving them a call!

I’d be interested to see if this makes a difference, I have been having a few issues with flame outs and pellet bridging! I just received a new controller as mine was slightly faulty, but when I asked them about the new chute they wanted me to try the controller first! However I have just had another flame out so I will be giving them a call!
I've seen videos with people talking about flameouts and Weber sending them the welded chute. Now they want you to try the control before sending you a chute. It sounds like they are still trying to get their head wrapped around what's happening. The thing seems to make amazing food when it works, BUT. I'm very skeptical about the testing Weber claims was done before releasing this one. At least they seem to be trying to get it right for people that have them. However it's closing the barn door after the horses got out.

I installed my new welded chute this morning. The only problem I had was replacing the auger and getting the cotter pin out. Everything else went smoothly. After I finished I fired it up to be sure everything was working and so far so good. I now have two extra chutes (old design), two extra augers and an extra motor.

Well as an early adopter, Weber owed you one!

I am curious when these upgraded parts will become standard as manufactured and available in stores.

I suspect a lot of interested people will be looking for a 2.0 version. I will, and I will also be awaiting the next release from Rec Tec. They will both be interesting developments to see.

Well as an early adopter, Weber owed you one!

I am curious when these upgraded parts will become standard as manufactured and available in stores.

I suspect a lot of interested people will be looking for a 2.0 version. I will, and I will also be awaiting the next release from Rec Tec. They will both be interesting developments to see.
It’s funny Jon I have friends who are Weber guys and they have seen the amazing results I’ve gotten but when I recommend the Rec-Tec 700 they get confused.

Has anyone checked the temp differences from left to right after the firmware update and new chute?

Anyone else having a problem with the screws that hold the new chute to the bottom of the pellet reservoir?

- the new chute is steel and the aluminum sheet metal screws i removed from the old chute are not playing well - and I don't see new hardware for those screws. Time to go thru the tool chest and see what i can find.

Anyone else having a problem with the screws that hold the new chute to the bottom of the pellet reservoir?

- the new chute is steel and the aluminum sheet metal screws i removed from the old chute are not playing well - and I don't see new hardware for those screws. Time to go thru the tool chest and see what i can find.
The holes in the chute seemed too small so I pulled the chute back out and put the screws in outside the hopper first, just to widen them enough. Then I removed them and replaced the chute. Much easier that way, especially in the tight working area.

No reply to my emails so I called again and was told a 4 minute wait. A rep answered 25 minutes later and I have a welded chute ordered. Two weeks away as they are back-ordered. He has owned one since January and recommends emptying the hopper and vacuuming the auger every several cooks to prevent sawdust buildup. Bottom of the bag or ?

They did pretty well by me. I did an online request with the part number and told them I was having issues hitting 600 degrees, they shipped it that day and it arrived 2-3 days later by Fedex.

Back