New Welded Chute

Matt Q

TVWBB Fan
Weber is sending me a new welded Chute. This is a newer design and is meant to prevent issues with difficulties reaching 600 degrees.

I’ve got one on the way as well, be interesting to see what it does. Pretty big difference IMO from previous versions.

Ah. Yes, I thought the original design was junk. Leaked pellet dust and had many odd angles/places for pellets to get caught on. I sent them an email yesterday asking if I could get this since mine still doesn't perform as well as I'd hope.

Almost done installing. The instructions suck! Also, they included new smaller screws to fit the area that Harry Soo said didn’t fit.
Keep us updated. I just got mine from fed ex. Good to see Weber stepping up and improving our SmokeFire’s

There were no instructions for attaching the metal plate to the motor. The plate needs to attached sideways so that you can screw the auger to the chute. Also, the screws to attach the chute to the hopper are a pain to put back. I used a socket wrench. If I didn’t have one, it would have taken much longer. Otherwise, I didn’t find the installation to be that bad.

Weber is asking me for pictures of my chute (dump pellets and run it out of pellets). I kind of feel like I've done enough testing, so I just told them to send me the part. I am going to smoke ribs tomorrow, so I really don't want to be burning fuel for no reason. It's obvious there's a problem with the original design, so just send me the part. Geez. :)

Weber is asking me for pictures of my chute (dump pellets and run it out of pellets). I kind of feel like I've done enough testing, so I just told them to send me the part. I am going to smoke ribs tomorrow, so I really don't want to be burning fuel for no reason. It's obvious there's a problem with the original design, so just send me the part. Geez. :)
AMEN!! While they have amazing customer service after I saw Harry Soo bust out the welded chute I was pretty clear in my email. I did send pictures the day before and was waiting on a response but the welded version seems like a must have upgrade in my opinion.

Last edited:
They did the same thing to me. And then said I didn’t need one. Mine is also a stainless steel vs black.

Is there an easy way to tell what Rev yours is without disassembly?

Not sure why Weber is giving some people a hard time. The new auger is working out well so far. Got to 600 in 14 1/2 minutes on my first cook. I made a Tri Tip today and was able to get from 235 to 600 in 13 minutes.

Attachments

• A8F97CDB-6645-4B49-953D-2C94B2D5B965.jpeg
    A8F97CDB-6645-4B49-953D-2C94B2D5B965.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 7
I gave Weber a bit of grief back and they're shipping me the welded chute. I wasn't going to take pictures. The issue with the seal hanging out was something I pointed out in my thread if I remember right. I'm looking forward to getting a look at it when it arrives.

Not sure why Weber is giving some people a hard time. The new auger is working out well so far. Got to 600 in 14 1/2 minutes on my first cook. I made a Tri Tip today and was able to get from 235 to 600 in 13 minutes.
Maybe the upgrade is just for people with a lot of YouTube followers. Reading about the Smokefire, I’m glad I decided not to get one.

I emailed Weber about it and they had me take a photo of my current one. They now have me in the queue to receive the welded chute, but they said they're backlogged right now. Interestingly when I got the latest auger it came with a new chute, but it was the old style.

I'm sure some people are glad they didn't order early, and it hasn't been perfect, but this thing does make some great food. And there's something nice about getting that wood flavor and still being able to close it up and throw on the cover so soon after a cook.

Back