new weber operator

Sandy Mac

hi to like minded people, i found this web site by accident and i am glad i did what a wealth of knowledge, my bbq pit is at our weekend static caravan on the shores of loch fyne in argyle shire Scotland, and intend to bbq every weekend come hail rain or snow so if your passing my way drop in for coffee or a beer your most welcome regards sandy:blackkettle::wsm22:

Welcome to the forum, Sandy! When you get a chance, check out the HeaterMeter forum on here! :)

Welcome to the forum Sandy. This is a great place to learn and to share. When you have a chance, post pics of your cooks and the beautiful scenery near you.

Welcome! Make sure to share some "secret" recipes that you may know. We are always looking for different things to try.

Welcome to the forum Sandy. This is a great place to learn and to share. When you have a chance, post pics of your cooks and the beautiful scenery near you.

hi bob and thanks for the welcome, regarding cooks i am a cremator of edible food, i can make it crispy black on the out side and raw in the middle but i am amazed at all the cooking info on here so i will improve, as to the scenery im ashamed to say i have taken my homelands beauty for granted but i will endevour to post some pics up of my highlands saor alba regards sandy

Last edited:
Welcome! Make sure to share some "secret" recipes that you may know. We are always looking for different things to try.

lol jef secret recipes , my idea of a good steak is to pull the horns off it, wipe its butt and start chompin and wash it down with a keg of beer.

Welcome Sandy. I'm just up the road in Aberdeen. You'll pick up loads of great info here.

And the folks here are top-notch, always ready to help out.

thanks mate im amazed at the info on here but sad to see we cant get access to half the stuff for the webers without paying a fortune for it, will be looking more closely about how to get stuff sent over from the states without getting reamed by customs ect if yer coming south any time tony and passing near dumbarton give me a shout regards sandy ps i wonder if the lads will recognise my rab c nesbitt avtar

Hi Sandy.

Unfortunately we pay through the nose for Weber stuff in UK. I have found that Riverside Garden Centre offer the best range and prices in the UK. And it's quick delivery. There is a lot of stuff we get in Europe that isn't available in the US, namely the coloured kettles.

I bought a Smokey Joe Silver cheap on fleabay in the US, & didn't get reamed by customs. I think it's pretty hit & miss whether you get reamed or not.

I don't think Rab C. Nesbitt is well known for his BBQ skills. And I can't see Mary-Doll preparing tasty side dishes either.

Thanks for the invite. If I'm down that way…..who knows. :)

Edit: It is not uncommon for our cousins over the pond to help out sourcing/sending Weber stuff around the globe. Shipping costs aren't cheap though.

Last edited:
Hi Sandy.

Unfortunately we pay through the nose for Weber stuff in UK. I have found that Riverside Garden Centre offer the best range and prices in the UK. And it's quick delivery. There is a lot of stuff we get in Europe that isn't available in the US, namely the coloured kettles.

I bought a Smokey Joe Silver cheap on fleabay in the US, & didn't get reamed by customs. I think it's pretty hit & miss whether you get reamed or not.

I don't think Rab C. Nesbitt is well known for his BBQ skills. And I can't see Mary-Doll preparing tasty side dishes either.

Thanks for the invite. If I'm down that way…..who knows. :)

Edit: It is not uncommon for our cousins over the pond to help out sourcing/sending Weber stuff around the globe. Shipping costs aren't cheap though.

was looking on the craycourt site at the cast iron grills for my kettle 22.5 inch /57 cms and its £80.00 to get it sent i think i might have a punt at that regards sandy

hold that last result they have it in the uk and its cheaper all in about£77.00, now where did she leave her bankers card.

Back