NEW: Weber Lumin Compact Electric Grills

That Ninja sure looks like it can cook well if the pictures are to be believed. I like the ability to use some pellets for flavor. It isn't clear to me whether the new Lumin will allow you to use the smoker accessory under the cast iron grates. Adding smoke to your grilling on an electric grill seems like a great way to elevate past the otherwise less appealing aspects of using electric vs. gas.
Tom Horseman gave it a go and he seems to like it. Me? It's basically a hot plate with an electric heated rod with some pellets. IDK I'm thinking MEH.

Tom Horseman gave it a go and he seems to like it. Me? It's basically a hot plate with an electric heated rod with some pellets. IDK I'm thinking MEH.
I will have to check out Tom's video. (I wish I could have a YouTube channel and do my own videos!) Anyway, I guess if you were stuck with no option to use gas, charcoal, or pellets, this would at least bring some of that flavor to your food. I am not sure otherwise what I think.

We have a Zojirushi Electric griddle with multiple inserts ( TakoYaki griddle, flat griddle, searing griddle.) We bought it from Japan it was less than $400.00 USD. It seems similar to the Weber Lumen. If I didn't already have the Zojirushi & the Weber Q, I would consider the Weber Lumen.

Zojirushi  Griddle-Tokoyaki electric grill EA-GV35-TD.PNG

We have a Zojirushi Electric griddle with multiple inserts ( TakoYaki griddle, flat griddle, searing griddle.) We bought it from Japan it was less than $400.00 USD. It seems similar to the Weber Lumen. If I didn't already have the Zojirushi & the Weber Q, I would consider the Weber Lumen.

View attachment 80237
Zojirushi products are top notch. If I'll need to choose between it and the Lumin, I'll probably go with the Zujirushi.

Yes, it is pricey. But everything is going in that direction. I am waiting for some real life reviews of these, but looking at the pictures and write-up I would say that at least this appears to be a quality entry by Weber and one loaded with Weber style. If I was stuck in a condo or some other place where electric was my only option, I would at least be happy to have a sharp looking, nice electric grill.😎
My daughter and son in law live in an apartment complex that restricts grills to electric or they can use the community grill. That makes sense. I don't know if the price is right to gift him one. He's still on "new son in law probation" for the next 5 years. Maybe then he'll get one then.

My daughter and son in law live in an apartment complex that restricts grills to electric or they can use the community grill. That makes sense. I don't know if the price is right to gift him one. He's still on "new son in law probation" for the next 5 years. Maybe then he'll get one then.
Weber Q 2400 is an electric portable grill. We use a standard Weber Q and love it for quick easy cleanup family meals.

View attachment 80237
I've had a Zojirushi for several years now. just the flat griddle, it's mostly used for pancakes and french toast. Hands down the best electric griddle I've ever owned!

Oh it's pricy up here!!!!

Black is cheaper than any other colour......don't see why but it is.
full size

1697197113053.png

the " compact " model

1697197138082.png

No pictures of the open hood or grate accessories or anything.
Looks like you can get griddles and deeper pans for keeping warm and serving.
Weber likes you to think you get authentic bbq flavor.....but it is hard to imagine.

Back