new weber kettle rotisserie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

It should be in the store today.....ordered it from True Value. I'll tell ya, I never seen so many Weber accessories before as I did there.....kind of like Harley Davidson
icon_cool.gif
..Anyway I have a few questions for now....what kind of weber grill do I have if it looks like the performer grill with out the gas ignition? Also, what is a good basket to get for the rotisserie so I can turn smaller stuff, and that has quite a bit of room in it??? We are doing 2 chickens for the first cook, plus I want smoke indirect before the weekend is over too, so should be a fun time for us. I have my new thermometer he has to put in the lid for me and I bought an extra new 22.5 grate for smoking....and putting a standing cabinet on the deck that I'm stealing from the garage, for all my stuff
icon_biggrin.gif
. I COULD be developing a smoking problem
icon_eek.gif
. Hope to get some nice pics of my first weekend and new toys.

as to a basket, just take some measurements. i would strongly suggest to buy stainless steel only. after buying the cheap stuff i've found that its a false savings.

Deb you are going to absolutely love that rotisserie. I've had mine for two years and also have three WSM's and a couple of Ugly Drum Smokers and the rotisserie is the thing that gets the most use. Try Ebay for a rotisserie basket.

Deb,
Some of the original stainless steel performer DID come without the gas assist. These models were missing the casters on the front of the grills and just stood on the legs with no wheels of any kind. Just the larger wheels with the axle were present on the end with the kettle to move it around.

Thanks guys.....I don't think it looks like the platinum unless they have changed through the years. We bought it about 9 years ago or so, but looks just like the performer without ignition, and it's a green kettle.I need to know so I can put it at the bottom of my signature here, along with the smokey joe we have
icon_wink.gif
. We put the rotisserie all together and it's on the grill and fits great.....Man, does my grill need cleaned!
icon_eek.gif
. Thanks for the basket ideas.....any idea how to tell if one will fit? I don't have a link for the rotisserie but can tell you I paid 149.00 + tax and they have been ALL OVER the net for 2 days now for 119.00
icon_confused.gif
I wouldn't mind having another stack ring for it for smoking, but I'll play with this for a while and see what I think. Seeing my chiropractor as of today, so I hope after another adjustment tomorrow I can walk through the store for my stuff too cook....have toys, must play
icon_biggrin.gif

The rotisserie attachments are well worth the price. I use mine at least twice a week for chicken. We won't even grill chicken anymore.

Thanks on the history ....maybe mine is the 2000 one touch platinum....sure looks like that one. Well, the chicken was goooooood....Hubby took control of the flames on THIS one
icon_rolleyes.gif
.....too much fuel I think for starters,had too much flare up, and we didn't have the thermometer in the lid yet as he has no 7/8 metal bit......then he bought me home a "grease" thermometer instead of a meat one.....so when we took it off the rotisserie, the thighs weren't done.....off to the oven for 20 mins.
icon_mad.gif
.....he'll learn, I'm a bit ahead of him on this though
icon_wink.gif
. (I'M) smoking on Sunday
icon_smile.gif
.....wish me luck, I need it.

Hey Deb, you know, you can always count on that Bob Correll on history lessons... he's been around the block a number of times and lapped everyone else in the process
icon_biggrin.gif
ain't so Bob?
Heck, Bob probably was around when charcoal was invented.
icon_razz.gif
ain't so Bob?
Butt that ol' Bob Correll, he's a good poop, ain't so Bob?
icon_smile.gif

An' Deb, you ain't gonna need luck on Sunday's smoke... cuz you're using the finest equipment available for your venture.
Ain't so Bob?
icon_biggrin.gif

I have to say that spending a month or so and 3 or 4 cooks with the roitss it is a great investment... the meat is out of this world. And the gadget factor works also.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back