New Traeger Flatrock

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Emerald Member
Traeger jumping into the game........
Anyone hear about it yet, I got a notice for pre-order.
Looks like they took some tips on what the Slate looks like.

No pricing as far as I can see yet ( CAD of course ).............sure just pay $100 now to secure one...makes me laugh a bit.

1713881846296.png

Traeger claims $900, I would have to assume it is in USD.

Video is weird, hit the restart button on youtube.......
Must be a great product, everyone is having so much fun........

Last edited:
Either everyone already knows about it and I am waaaaaaay behind, or no one cares...........
You can't be cool anymore without a cutting edge griddle, don't cha know.......

I am in the latter group Darryl! I just don’t care.
I have a fifty seven year old cast iron griddle which fits the Genny just fine. Just one more connection to my dad which I will never part with!

Traeger jumping into the game........
Anyone hear about it yet, I got a notice for pre-order.
Looks like they took some tips on what the Slate looks like.

No pricing as far as I can see yet ( CAD of course ).............sure just pay $100 now to secure one...makes me laugh a bit.

View attachment 89704

Traeger claims $900, I would have to assume it is in USD.

Video is weird, hit the restart button on youtube.......
Must be a great product, everyone is having so much fun........
The slate in person was very impressive, I loved all the shelves and could see really using the attachments and stuff they have available for it.
I only have a prime spot for one more grill and I don’t know that I would use a griddle much.
The rust fee claims of Weber will be fascinating to see how it holds up over time.
It llooked like it was worth the $799 for sure.IMG_6878.jpegIMG_6877.jpeg

Thanks for the pics Bruno......
I like new things like the next guy, and a griddle seems fun and useful but they do require some time each use to keep them up.
As much as I want one I am not convinced yet.
Also propane now in my area is $25 for the bbq size ( 20 lb? ) for fill up, it's getting expensive as well.
Soon I am just going to go start cutting down the woods and cook over wood and fire.
If anyone sees the new Traeger griddle while out and about lets get some pictures posted up here if you can.....
My purchase has to be made almost 100% without seeing them first hand.........Based on where I live and a few other reasons.........

With the new slate and this new Traeger I think Blackstone might have another on the way soo too.....they all seem to have a new look or build to them and no one wants to be left behind!

I believe the Flatrock has been out for over a year now, there are numerous videos on YouTube.

I believe the Flatrock has been out for over a year now, there are numerous videos on YouTube.
Yes February 2023 was the launch date I believe they have mentioned on a few conference calls it was doing well.
Okay my bad guys......
I thought it was new.......like I have also mentioned before we up here in the north are behind in many ways......and this is a perfect example.
We have it for pre order as pictured above......looks like a super new product as far as I can see....
Maybe the slate took some tips from the flatrock....I see similarities between these two.

Back