New to Webers

I cant really see the flames, but your description makes me believe they are running well. Small yellow tips are fine.
Good luck with the door.

Looks good so far.

Here's a Pic from Craigslist of a similar model.

I hadn't noticed before the doors on these have holes in them. I like the look and it might not be that hard to fab one.

20220325_084254.jpg

Took the burners out and scrubbed everything in the sink, used scotch bright pad in lieu of steel wool. Lots of dish soap and HOT water!
Really happy with the results, I don’t know if you’ll be able to see the flames but burners 1 and 2 are totally blue and number 3 is mostly blue with slightly yellow caps. Next on the list is some sort of door, I’m thinking about corrugated steel with a magnetic attachment system.
Those who wondered if I was equipped with tools can rest assured that I have a pretty good arsenal. View attachment 47816
Took the burners out and scrubbed everything in the sink, used scotch bright pad in lieu of steel wool. Lots of dish soap and HOT water!
Really happy with the results, I don’t know if you’ll be able to see the flames but burners 1 and 2 are totally blue and number 3 is mostly blue with slightly yellow caps. Next on the list is some sort of door, I’m thinking about corrugated steel with a magnetic attachment system.
Those who wondered if I was equipped with tools can rest assured that I have a pretty good arsenal. View attachment 47816
A door from a donor grill of the same model can be fitted pretty easily. There will be a hole pre-drilled at the upper portion of the cabinet frame but you'll need to drill one for the bottom hinge pin on the door. Or your corrugated steel idea sounds pretty good too. I bought stainless magnetic catches on Amazon.

I think weber realized there is an air circulation issue, hence the holes.
Actually, I think it was a cost cutting measure. Those were Home Depot specific models that included a CI griddle insert that fit into the Weber Gourmet Cooking grate. You get the griddle but you're getting a plastic/composite door to offset the cost.

I have to believe that is what my grill had at one time. Through all my google searches I have never seen that before.
Had a line on a door for $25 but it was going to be $16 shipping and my Dutch roots and Irish stubbornness wouldn’t let me do it. Looking forward to making the corrugated steel door.

Back