New to me Weber Genesis Gold C i think, What year?? Serial number is missing

Wesley Smith

So I just bought a new house and wanted to get a new grill. After going to our local BBQ stores and being disappointed in the quality to the price of new grills I started thinking about how much I enjoyed grilling on my Dads old Weber. One thing led to another and after reading up on this forum on rehabbing and browsing Craigslist I came across this beauty for the price of free.

The flavorizer bars and grates were both stainless steel and in great shape. I decided to tear down the grill and check for any rust and replace all the hardware I could with stainless steel. This is what it looked like after cleaning up. Thank you guys for all the awesome information on this website. I cant wait to find me a redhead to put next to it. Does anyone happen to know what year the grill could be?

And another one saved. I looks awesome. You will be able to use that many more years. And replacement parts are still readily available. Yes 2003 is about right. The side burner of the 2001 had a slightly different design and the 2005 was different again.
I love these old ones. I have a 2005 Gold C for my personal use and another 2001 Silver C I need to clean and sell.

Thats a heck of a grill for "FREE". Congrats. It will serve you better than a new Genesis II 300 series grill.

Natural gas is the best! You’re going to love it! May I recommend a rotisserie? You’ll never run out of gas it is so great!

Back