New to Me from Thermoworks.

Smoke is great. I got the silly silicone rings for the probes as well. Not really needed, but fun.

I lke the TimeStick, not as impressed with the Trio.

Love my smoke. The only ding I can give it is range. I just keep the display unit on the kitchen table which is 20 feet away from the smoker and it works fine.

I ordered a second meat probe when I need to see two areas of temp.
Great unit very accurate.
Kevin,
Are you saying you can use both probes for meat if you chose not to use one for the meat and one for the grill temp using the smoke, because the one I ordered is only coming with 2 probes?

Edit: I see now from the pic that the 2 probes are different. So I have to order a meat probe to accomplish this if I want?

Kevin,
Are you saying you can use both probes for meat if you chose not to use one for the meat and one for the grill temp using the smoke, because the one I ordered is only coming with 2 probes?

Edit: I see now from the pic that the 2 probes are different. So I have to order a meat probe to accomplish this if I want?

Yes you'll need to order another meat probe. Any of the thermoworks pro probes will work in either port of the smoke base.

Love my smoke. The only ding I can give it is range. I just keep the display unit on the kitchen table which is 20 feet away from the smoker and it works fine.

If you need longer range, consider the smoke X2 or smoke X4. I bought a smoke X4 to run a billows. It has extended range. I haven't tested it to the limit but it works all through my house and yard and is more than I need.

from their website...

Built with all-new RF wireless technology, Smoke X gives you up to 6,562 feet (1.24-mile) line-of-sight transmission distance to included Smoke X Receiver, and max signal strength to penetrate walls so you'll always be connected anywhere in your home or yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like my Smoke, good range and very accurate.
I did keep my Maverick that I've had for years as a backup. I did a comparison between the two and I was surprised that the two of them were within 1 degree of each other with both grill temp and meat temperature. Although the Smoke reacted a little faster to temp changes.
I did pick up an extra set of probes for the Smoke when they had them on sale..

Kevin,

Sam,
Yes I bought my smoke before the newer multi probe .odel came out. So I just bought a second probe for big or multi peices of meat.
Call me crazy but I do not care what the grate temp is the dome let's me k on it is hot or in need of more charcoal by diminishing temps. That is why like on a Franklin side draft unit he put several temp gauges to see different from hot end to cooler draft end.
If I did big parties and were to cook4 to 6 say shoulders at a time I would invest in a I grill or smoke X series.

Back