New Summit S-620 Arriving Today! - Anything Special I need to do to season it?

Mike in Sacramento

TVWBB Member
Hi All,

My wife surprised me by ordering me a Summit S-620 and it's due to arrive today. I know I need to run it to burn off any manufacturing junk. Is there anything else or suggestions I should do before my first cook?

Thanks!

:cool:Cold beers!:wsm:

Congratulations! Just heat it up to about 600 for a bit. then wipe off the SS cooking grates with a wet cloth. I recently broke in my new Genesis this way.

So? When the wife said to expect a bundle of joy,....did ya see this one coming??:D :D :D

Enjoy and please post pics of your first cook on it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm lucky and have the best wife. It was a total surprise. I've gone through several webers over the years always picking them up second (or third) hand from CL and repairing them for myself or family. Recently, I've been looking to get a 6 burner summit on CL and been looking every day. Then when I found one on CL I was going to buy, I told my wife and she said no. She had already ordered me a new one and said that I deserved a new one, not a used one. Wow. Totally blown away.

I got the grill and put it together already. It's super nice. It's a great day!

Hey,...it is true that the Summit series comes mostly assembled? I know the Genesis 330 series has 27 steps. Some of the design features I love about your grill are the height (taller than a Genesis) and the hood design. Did you get the all stainless or the black enamel and stainless?

Mine is all stainless except the back of the hood. And yes, it's almost all assembled. All you need to do is attach the side shelves (2 bolts each side), attach the gas line to the side burner (quick-connect), mount the drip tray holder (3 screws, slide in the drip tray, put the flavorizer bars, add the hood lights, and you're done. Easy. The hardest part is having to get a helper to lift it off the shipping platform it comes on.

Back