New spring green Master Touch

Stephen Scaggs

TVWBB Member
I've had my OTG for twenty years or so. Lately I've found myself wanting to upgrade. I told my wife that I was really wanting to get a Master Touch. I thought I might have to convince her, but she told me to order it. My old grill is black and I wanted something in a cool color, so I ordered the spring green. It came in today and I just finished assembling it. I think that I will really enjoy the lid bail and the additional height of the Master Touch.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 22
Congrats on the new grill. I love the height and lid bale of my Master Touch, I am greatful for both those features every cook. Now, mine is just in black, that spring green is 😍.

Congratulations on the new MT! I love the color! The extra height is why I wanted a MT. That and the lid holder.

I've had my OTG for twenty years or so. Lately I've found myself wanting to upgrade. I told my wife that I was really wanting to get a Master Touch. I thought I might have to convince her, but she told me to order it. My old grill is black and I wanted something in a cool color, so I ordered the spring green. It came in today and I just finished assembling it. I think that I will really enjoy the lid bail and the additional height of the Master Touch.
Your new kettle looks great, but it's just the start. Now comes all the fun accessories;-). I just got my OTG this year for my winter cooks on the porch, but will go back to the kettle when I have bigger / longer cooks as the weather gets nicer.

I made a similar move last summer, retired my 1999 Kettle after 20 years of cooks, and bought a Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. It was a good move but I still look at my old 99 Kettle out by the fence. I gotta get a cover for it, it spent its whole life on a covered patio.

Congrats on the new addition! I love that color - same as my Performer.

Congrats on the new grill. I love the height and lid bale of my Master Touch, I am greatful for both those features every cook. Now, mine is just in black, that spring green is 😍.
Couldn’t agree more, the extra height and lid bail are game changers.

I love the new MT. I really love my old OTG. My plan is to use both for large cooks. If it comes to it, I may gift it to one of my son/son in laws. It is in great shape, has a cover, and I replaced many of the old bits (wheels, grates, handles) and added a thermometer and a cover within the last couple of years. I'm very excited to add the MT, but at the same time, I do feel a little guilty about the new grill. Oh well, now I have two good kettle grills! I think I read where you can never have too many!

The correct number of grills to own = n + 1, where n = the current number of grills owned.
I will try that one on my wife! Even I ask myself, "Just how many different kettles does someone need?" The answer keeps coming back "As many colors and styles as there are!!!" I keep seeing a copper one a couple hours from me for $50. Looks very nice even if copper isn't my favorite. But I do really like the black (not gray) handles that it comes with. I have got to stop looking!

I do really like the black (not gray) handles that it comes with. I have got to stop looking!
That is one of the simple differences of the Mater Touch that I also really really like. I think the black look so much sharper then the gray.

Last edited:
I made a similar move last summer, retired my 1999 Kettle after 20 years of cooks, and bought a Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. It was a good move but I still look at my old 99 Kettle out by the fence. I gotta get a cover for it, it spent its whole life on a covered patio.
Lynn, this is the cover that I have on my OTG, and also the one I just ordered for my MT. Good quality and price. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCNEX6/?tag=tvwb-20

I will try that one on my wife! Even I ask myself, "Just how many different kettles does someone need?" The answer keeps coming back "As many colors and styles as there are!!!" I keep seeing a copper one a couple hours from me for $50. Looks very nice even if copper isn't my favorite. But I do really like the black (not gray) handles that it comes with. I have got to stop looking!
Jon, I could have gotten a black MT off marketplace, but I wanted color if I was going to get one. I think it's like when you've been driving a black car for twenty years, you want a different color for your new car.

Back