New Snowblower

I wish I still had a leaf problem. A few years ago all the fully grown ash trees in my neighborhood got wiped out by the ash borer insects. It really transformed the neighborhood, and not for the better.
What part of Illinausea you in? BTW I am old enough to remember the Dutch Elm disease crisis in Chicago. Seems many many years ago Chicago made a decision to plant all the parkways in the city with Dutch Elm trees. They were beautiful in the summer. I remember how driving or (in my case biking) down city streets in the hoods the trees formed a canopy like a cathedral. It was gorgeous. Also recall neighbors getting together and taking turns moving cars so they could set the leaf piles on fire to get rid of the leaves on the curb. We would play outside, all the guys were out there with a bottle of Meister Brau or Drewery's beer, with glowing piles of leaves. I think the 50's was the last great decade to be a kid in Chicago. Or an adult for that matter. But oh boy when the city crews had to come through and take out all those beautiful elm trees it was really sad. Was weird to see sunlight on the street and sidewalks.

Yep, there was a lot of Dutch elm loss in Moline when I was a kid, it was really sad. The ash problem is another miserable loss! I loved the one I my front yard and the neighbors, they were beautiful.

What part of Illinausea you in? BTW I am old enough to remember the Dutch Elm disease crisis in Chicago. Seems many many years ago Chicago made a decision to plant all the parkways in the city with Dutch Elm trees. They were beautiful in the summer. I remember how driving or (in my case biking) down city streets in the hoods the trees formed a canopy like a cathedral. It was gorgeous. Also recall neighbors getting together and taking turns moving cars so they could set the leaf piles on fire to get rid of the leaves on the curb. We would play outside, all the guys were out there with a bottle of Meister Brau or Drewery's beer, with glowing piles of leaves. I think the 50's was the last great decade to be a kid in Chicago. Or an adult for that matter. But oh boy when the city crews had to come through and take out all those beautiful elm trees it was really sad. Was weird to see sunlight on the street and sidewalks.
That's pretty much what happened here, but with ash trees. I live a couple miles south of Woodfield mall if you're familiar with that, just off of route 53/290

My friend's dad used to own the farm that became Woodfield. He's passed on now. He turned it into a big hog operation on the Boone/DeKalb County line. He had one barn actually split in half by the line. Got 2 tax bills on it LOL.

One of my coworkers up in Dulut' has been mentioning snow on the ground as well.

Winter and 2 weeks of bad ice fishing, dontcha know.

Well, guy came out Wednesday, had one look at the old Honda HS621 and seemed to fall in love with it. It had been sitting for nearly a week after it's long summer nap and initial "test fire" a couple weeks ago.
So I pulled it outside, set the choke and one pull and "boom" she fired right off, and ran like a little top. He pulled the full asking price outta his pocket, I helped him load and he went off happy as can be.
The new Toro is now sitting in the garage awaiting it's first "assignment" :D

Back