New Searwood pic.

Much as I love my Z Grill and MM. I could see selling one (and maybe even my Wolf) to get the larger SW. So I am watching this VERY carefully. Of course one thing I intend to do is trying home made pizza in both the MM and Z. If either one can do a ZA we like it will likely be all over for any chance of a SW or for the Wolf continuing to live here. As, everything I thought I could do only in a quality gas grill I am finding can be done in one of the pellet grills. Which is why there will likely not be another Genesis on my deck and there is serious consideration of having the Q be my only gasser. Wife first has to get on her feet from the knee replacement, and we need good weather. Pizza (outdoor pizza) has never been a foul weather commodity here. Too much in and out so I don't want to have to be constantly opening/shutting the patio door.

Much as I love my Z Grill and MM. I could see selling one (and maybe even my Wolf) to get the larger SW. So I am watching this VERY carefully. Of course one thing I intend to do is trying home made pizza in both the MM and Z. If either one can do a ZA we like it will likely be all over for any chance of a SW or for the Wolf continuing to live here. As, everything I thought I could do only in a quality gas grill I am finding can be done in one of the pellet grills. Which is why there will likely not be another Genesis on my deck and there is serious consideration of having the Q be my only gasser. Wife first has to get on her feet from the knee replacement, and we need good weather. Pizza (outdoor pizza) has never been a foul weather commodity here. Too much in and out so I don't want to have to be constantly opening/shutting the patio door.
Too early in the morning for such crazy talk.lol

“provided you are properly cleaning/maintaining the grill between cooks”
This is obviously a key statement with emphasis on “properly”.
To me, this sounds like another finicky grill.
I know this pellet stuff is not your specialty so let’s hit you up…Haven't seen anything new in Weber charcoal grills in years. Anything new coming out that you can talk about?
Hi Darian!

I feel you may be reading a little too much into my wording.

For any of our products I'd likely use the same basic statement regarding proper maintenance between cooks. Whether it's a pellet, gas, electric, or charcoal grill, you're going to get the best cooking experience and functionality out of a clean grill. The chances for flare ups and grease fires go down (which can happen on any fuel category model), the airflow within the burn pot, burner tubes, heating element or coals is generally better (meaning more even heat and predictable fuel consumption), and the components of the grill should last longer.

I've been given zero evidence that the grill is finicky, nor have I personally cooked on one. I merely asked one of our Weber culinary experts guidance on the use of drip pans within the grill and was basically told that they weren't needed. "Properly cleaning/maintaining the grill between cooks" was entirely my own addition to the statement because I know it's best practice and something I'd expect to see in the owner's guide of everyone of our grills.

A couple of recent things we've launched charcoal wise would that we just revamped our 26" Original Kettle Premium into a 26" Master-Touch and now offer it in a Smoke color porcelain enamel. The Build Your Own Master-Touch program launched on Weber.com US last May. We do have some projects in the works, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can share just now.

Thanks!
John

I have to wonder how often @John Burns and his cronies just go fire up a kettle at work, you know for testing purposes haha. Or his buddies from R&D, “hey why don’t you come over and taste test which of our new grills produces better food!”

What an awful day at the office those must be!
Have you been spying on us Tim?

Getting offered free barbecued food is a occupational hazard that I experience daily!

Hi Darian!

I feel you may be reading a little too much into my wording.

For any of our products I'd likely use the same basic statement regarding proper maintenance between cooks. Whether it's a pellet, gas, electric, or charcoal grill, you're going to get the best cooking experience and functionality out of a clean grill. The chances for flare ups and grease fires go down (which can happen on any fuel category model), the airflow within the burn pot, burner tubes, heating element or coals is generally better (meaning more even heat and predictable fuel consumption), and the components of the grill should last longer.

I've been given zero evidence that the grill is finicky, nor have I personally cooked on one. I merely asked one of our Weber culinary experts guidance on the use of drip pans within the grill and was basically told that they weren't needed. "Properly cleaning/maintaining the grill between cooks" was entirely my own addition to the statement because I know it's best practice and something I'd expect to see in the owner's guide of everyone of our grills.

A couple of recent things we've launched charcoal wise would that we just revamped our 26" Original Kettle Premium into a 26" Master-Touch and now offer it in a Smoke color porcelain enamel. The Build Your Own Master-Touch program launched on Weber.com US last May. We do have some projects in the works, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can share just now.

Thanks!
John
Dang, you should run for President.

For those who have a Menard's, I saw this today.
The vacuum arrived today. After price searching a little more I ended up ordering from Walmart. Their price was the same as Menards final discount price. And saved me the $15 shipping and the service charge. And I couldn’t use the rebate because it states in store only. No Menards in my area so that was no help.
It’s what you would expect of a vacuum in this price range, thin metal and lots of plastic. The hose is the only thing that really stands out as being of higher quality. The noise level is much less than my larger shop vac. In the $50-70 range I think it’s a solid choice. Thanks again Timothy.

Update,

Couldn’t do the burn, need new pellets.

The Weber Connect app has come a long way since my last update. That was super easy and they actually let you know the status of the updates now. So much better.

I do have some parts that are seriously gone, rust and corrosion. I have reached out to Weber for some help.

I still plan on grabbing Cabellas pellets tomorrow and seeing how it goes.

Last edited:

Back