New Redhead Project

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Any guesses on year/model on this one?? One of our friends in the neighborhood just texted me to let me know his folks are getting rid of this one, and asked if I wanted it. I figure it's got parts if nothing else, and the lid looks to be in good shape (other than the handle.) I see the left side shelf sitting below the cookbox, looks like the old style connector on the regulator, etc..... I'm thinking this is maybe early or mid-90's?

More pics tomorrow......

1628369621732.jpeg

You can replace the entire hose and regulator or you can just replace the connector. The connectors are only about $5 or so to replace.

Kind of convenient really, but you had to have the female connector on the tank valve which wasn't so convenient when you had to swap tanks. Refill was your only choice.

Looks like one I picked up a couple of weeks ago. This one is pretty far gone. I'll be freecycling. Hope someone can use some the parts.

Screenshot_20210724-203952_Chrome.jpg

@Rich G if you want anything off the one above , except the lid, Let me know. I'm east of sacto along 50.
Hey, Dan, I really appreciate that! Let me give it a good once over when I get it in my hands tomorrow, and I'll let ya know if there's anything your donor could provide! Very nice of ya, Dan!

R

Ok, I got some more pics......this thing is in decent shape. Flavorizers are shot, grates can likely be saved, shelf brackets and slats are really good, flip up hardware gone, lid/endcaps/firebox all really good. I've now got a pile of parts from @DanJC, a new top frame for my Gold C from @Patrick B, my friend's Skyline and this 1000. I figure I've got 2-3 flippers that will fund a kick *** FrankenGold C. :) Fun stuff!

1628456567409.jpeg

1628456661485.jpeg

1628456671154.jpeg

1628456682018.jpeg

Parts from Dan:

1628456699396.jpeg

Skyline:

1628456797524.jpeg

Oh, forgot to mention that the Genesis 1000 that I just picked up is a 1996 vintage (ER). :) My friend's folks purchased it here in town, and it was their primary grill until a couple of years ago when the bought a new one (unknown brand.) Based on the inside of this one, they don't clean their grills much! However, that may turn out to be a positive. The porcelain enameled cast-iron grates appear to be unmolested/chipped and protected by a decent layer of greasy sludge! :)

I've got the grill broken down at this point, and will start to inventory all the parts to determine what I'm going to build. I did snap a couple frame bolts, so Dan's pile of parts came in handy for an immediate replacement. All the wood on the shelves looks good. It's painted cedar, which I think I will sand to a fresh layer of wood, then stain or just protect. We'll see. Lots to do.

1628467889848.jpeg

R

That's a cool project. Does anyone know if you can put the tall lid on a short lid grill? What's the differences?

Back