NEW PERFORMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
Well my performer delivered yesterday and I must say I am most impressed. Broke it in right last night with steaks and kalbi ribs.

Does anyone use the charcoal baskets? Advantages? I did not use it last night, was curious who does though...thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisM:
Does anyone use the charcoal baskets? Advantages? I did not use it last night, was curious who does though...thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>.
I use the baskets when I want to do some indirect heating. I used them last night to do some 1" thick pork chops. Pushed both to the side and my chops "run" up the middle of the grill. Just a handy way to keep all the charcoal in place.

Congrats on your new Performer Dennis!

Like Bill, I often use the baskets for indirect, and sometimes use an aluminum pan between them for a drip pan.
Also, one basket can be stacked on top of the other to get a nice sear on steaks, etc.

Congratulations Dennis you are going to love the Performer.

I always use the charcoal baskets on indirect cooks.

I tend to just dump the charcoal where I want it to sit for direct or indirect. Havent used the baskets in several years. Just lazy I guess. The baskets were nice if I wanted to shift all the coals around, but since buying a charcoal rake quite awhile ago I've pretty much leave the baskets unused.

Tonight is the first night I did not use it since I got it...and I almost did.

The cool part too was that after it was delivered..I took my kids out to the park and got back and ny wife had it together for me.

I am scratching my head as to why I did not get one years ago.

Dennis - I use my charcoal baskets on every cook. I grill strictly with lump charcoal, and even if I place another charcoal grate at a 90 degree angle, it is still a pain to move the coals around.

It's only 2 of us typically when we eat, so even if I'm grilling 2 ribeye steaks, the two charcoal baskets put together to make a circle is just enough direct grilling space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back