New Pan Ordered Old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Marlatt

TVWBB Member
Finally ordered a new Brinkmann pan. ( The 114-0002-0 Porcelain-Coated Charcoal Pan--> thanks for the link!) Any creative uses for the original weber water pan?

Bob Marlatt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob Marlatt:
[qb] Finally ordered a new Brinkmann pan. ( The 114-0002-0 Porcelain-Coated Charcoal Pan--> thanks for the link

Bob Marlatt [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you order directly from Brinkmann? I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

Jeff

I use the standard pan to catch the ashes and small bits of hot coals that fall through the charcoal grate. This keeps the acidic ashes and hot embers from collecting on the bottom of the unit.

I notched the outer lip of the pan with tin snips where it touches each of the three bottom leg mounting bolts and nuts. The pan then fits snugly against the inside of the bowl. Without the notches, the pan rests pretty precariously on the ends of the mounting bolts and can be pretty easily knocked off and send up a cloud of ashes. (Learned that one the hard way!)

I dump the pan after every three or four cooks.

Even with the notches in place, the standard pan can be still used as a water pan in its intended location should your replacement Brinkman pan get lost, smashed, turbo gunky, etc.

Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Edvik:
[qb]Did you order directly from Brinkmann? I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

Jeff [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It may be worthwhile to check a few local outdoor stores that sell grills and such-- I got mine from Academy Sports and Outdoors (southeastern states only) for $4 or $5.

Yes, I ordered directly from their website via a link I found somewhere here. I wasn't on the mood to shop around so I paid full price. Should arrive any day now.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back