New Owner Of WSM 22.5 & My 1st Cook (Lots Of Pics)

Man I wish there was a "like" or "thank you" button for all the replies. Thank you all for the comments/replies. I am fairly new to smoking/comp scene and only have one comp under my belt which was in Mariposa, CA (these were the same hands for the tri-tip Bob ;) )this past sept. I cant wait to get started and see what the WSM can really put out. Thanks again everyone and I'll definatley be posting more pics with each cook.

Carlos I did not look at your signature until I finished reading. My thoughts were this guy is no rookie. You have a great skill and technique. As others have stated hope you keep on sharing.

Thanks Paul! Its forums like these that I am grateful for all the tips/hints that are shared. I spend alot of time browsing and taking lil from there and a lil from here to collaborate with my own. Every weekend is BBQ at my house, just trying out different techniques to see what works and doesnt. As a father to 4 daughters, BBQ is my outlet or stress reliever I should say...nothing like firing up the smoker w/a nice cold cerveza!

Great Stuff there Carlos! Awesome photos Too!
Thinking about rolling to the road your "old" cookers might be in line, now that you've found the Best Smoker on Earth!

Welcome to the forum Amigo!!:cool:

Carlos: I just got my smoker and have not used it. Hope mine turns out as yours. One question I saw an aluminin pan under the meat. Did you use the water pan underneath?

Carlos: I just got my smoker and have not used it. Hope mine turns out as yours. One question I saw an aluminin pan under the meat. Did you use the water pan underneath?
Hi Buddy, sorry for the late reply. Yes I did use the water pan, filled up about 2/3 with hot water. The pan on the 2nd grate was just to catch the juices. Thanks again for looking!

Back