New member with some inquiries

This one has almost everything you need.

LPG manifold, tank support piece, tank gauge and a hose with a regulator though it looks older.

And it's free, but unfortunately it is a ways away.

Does anyone else think that's an interesting place to keep a plunger and bucket?

1653172987357.png

Just a two burner. I would be worried about rust in the cabinet. Bottom line is that the price is high, IMO
Ya, a 3 burner would be nice and I am in Canada so $150cdn is about $117usd. I don't know valuation on these, but if they are superior to the current Weber models which can be well over $1000, it doesn't seem relatively overpriced if it doesn't need anything.

Ya, a 3 burner would be nice and I am in Canada so $150cdn is about $117usd. I don't know valuation on these, but if they are superior to the current Weber models which can be well over $1000, it doesn't seem relatively overpriced if it doesn't need anything.
That is about the going price $150.00 cdn. from what I have seen on FB Marketplace I have seen cheaper but they get snapped up pretty quick, but for that price you don't want to have to start replacing any of the internals burner tubes , favourizer bars grates etc. and avoid rusty enclosures . I don't know what part of BC you live but I would wait for a 3 burner and avoid this one you need the extra. btu's in colder climate. that's why most Canadian gas grills like Broil King and Napoleon have close to 100 btu per square inch cooking surface (primary) for colder climate , not to be confused with total cooking area including warming rack etc.

Last edited:
I agree with everything said, and will add: The burner tubes and flavorizer bars I consider the weakest points on an old Genesis, well and the ignitor. But I keep two sets of burner tubes so I can swap one set out and clean the other, same for the flavorizer bars, I actually have 3 sets of those. I consider them the "working" parts of the grill, and as such are prone to wear out over time. The aluminum cookbox, lid and frame if not in good shape, I would restore to like new condition at the beginning. You may find if you go this route, you may wish to get new burner tubes, flavorizer bars and maybe even grates. But for an all in price of under 300 I would think you could have yourself a beautifully restored "like new" old Genesis, whether Platinum, "thousand" (1000, 2000 3000 4000) or Silver B / C. The big difference between the "thousands" and the Genesis Silver B/C models is that the thousands had two rows of flavorizer bars and the B / C ones only have one row. I like the two rows, but I also prefer older, more "original" things generally speaking. I can't say that they cook any better or any worse. But that comes down to getting your grill up and running and cooking on it a few times, you adjust to your tool. Have fun, and don't worry too much about every last detail, just worry about the details that matter to you!

There is a Genesis Gold for $100obo that I can grab. It is described as a Ducane model, but clearly says Weber on it. Anyways, the seller says it needs a cleaning and a knob replaced, but the pics look fairly clean to my eyes.

Attachments

• 287078690_5508091345909035_193062763305321254_n.jpg
    287078690_5508091345909035_193062763305321254_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 290559489_5254895744623535_1891367122690660352_n.jpg
    290559489_5254895744623535_1891367122690660352_n.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 292435264_401179645320179_872944263368566902_n.jpg
    292435264_401179645320179_872944263368566902_n.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 292452522_1239250930149869_1275498217519300019_n.jpg
    292452522_1239250930149869_1275498217519300019_n.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 292911276_1426106281203175_5211967571113394265_n.jpg
    292911276_1426106281203175_5211967571113394265_n.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
There is a Genesis Gold for $100obo that I can grab. It is described as a Ducane model, but clearly says Weber on it. Anyways, the seller says it needs a cleaning and a knob replaced, but the pics look fairly clean to my eyes.
That is approx.. a 2005 Weber Genesis and nothing to do with Ducane whatsoever, Weber did buy the company Ducane but has nothing to do with this model. Just make sure the floor is good and solid , I can't tell buy your photo's but it looks like pinholes in the floor . The rest of the grill looks Ok flavorizer bars . burners etc. these are good grills and easy to get parts for especially on Amazon . This grill will heat to about 550- 600 Fahrenheit and is easily controlled to cook at lower temps., and great for rotisserie cooking by cutting back the # of burners in use . Make a plan down the road to slap some Rust -Oleum paint or something on that floor to keep the rust away as I hear it rains in British Columbia sometimes.

Last edited:
That is approx.. a 2005 Weber Genesis and nothing to do with Ducane whatsoever, Weber did buy the company Ducane but has nothing to do with this model. Just make sure the floor is good and solid , I can't tell buy your photo's but it looks like pinholes in the floor . The rest of the grill looks Ok flavorizer bars . burners etc. these are good grills and easy to get parts for especially on Amazon . This grill will heat to about 550- 600 Fahrenheit and is easily controlled to cook at lower temps., and great for rotisserie cooking by cutting back the # of burners in use . Make a plan down the road to slap some Rust -Oleum paint or something on that floor to keep the rust away as I hear it rains in British Columbia sometimes.
Thanks. I'm hoping to check it out this weekend.

Last edited:
I finally went and checked it out. It's weathered, but seems to be in decent/good shape otherwise. The liner inside the hood was starting to rust. I don't think it would be an issue, but is it something that can be and/or should be replaced? I searched for "liner" on grillspot.com and it isn't showing much. Perhaps it's called something else?

The seller mentioned that he wasn't getting any interest from anyone else and just wanted it gone, so I could probably scoop for around $60-$70.

I finally went and checked it out. It's weathered, but seems to be in decent/good shape otherwise. The liner inside the hood was starting to rust. I don't think it would be an issue, but is it something that can be and/or should be replaced? I searched for "liner" on grillspot.com and it isn't showing much. Perhaps it's called something else?

The seller mentioned that he wasn't getting any interest from anyone else and just wanted it gone, so I could probably scoop for around $60-$70.
That's a common problem with the stainless steel hoods. You can rip out the inner liner, but then the outer lid will discolor from the heat. Your other option is to find an enamel hood and swap them out. The lid from a later model Silver has the thermometer in the middle as well and fits perfectly. You could also leave it as long as there isn't any rust flaking on to your food.

Last edited:
That's a common problem with the stainless steel hoods. You can rip out the inner liner, but then the outer lid will discolor from the heat. Your other option is to find an enamel hood and swap them out. The lid from a later model Silver has the thermometer in the middle as well and fits perfectly. You could also leave it as long as there isn't any rust flaking on to your food.
Thanks. So there are no replacement liners available to purchase? It looked like it was held in place with studs and nuts so I don't think it would need to be ripped out. Whats years are considered late models in reference to the Silver series?

Thanks. So there are no replacement liners available to purchase? It looked like it was held in place with studs and nuts so I don't think it would need to be ripped out. What years are considered late models in reference to the Silver series?
Steve was referring to the 2004 -2005 Silver series with the the thermometer in the middle of the hood as show below.
Weber-Genesis-Silver-B.jpg

Thanks. So there are no replacement liners available to purchase? It looked like it was held in place with studs and nuts so I don't think it would need to be ripped out. Whats years are considered late models in reference to the Silver series?
If you want all or parts of this one let me know. shipping to BC would probably be expensive...

You really should just live with the dirty liner. That is just how they are.

If you really want a totally clean lid (inside and out), you'd really want to get a grill made a few years earlier with an all enamel lid.

As you can see from the below, you can make those look like new with a trusty old razor scraper. Couple years ago I took like 20 years of crud off of my 2001 Silver B (more outside than inside).

It was truly amazing and fun to do. And then it was all dirty again in a few weeks.

Thanks, so the one that I am looking at would fall under the category of a late model then I guess. If I were to remove the liner and the stainless hood became discolored, could it then be painted?
Painting will likely blister and discolor and look pretty bad.
You can swap a complete hood from any 1985 to 1999 Genesis x000, or 2000 through 2006 Silver, Gold and some platinum.
You really should just live with the dirty liner. That is just how they are.
Dirty is one thing. Rusty is another...

Painting will likely blister and discolor and look pretty bad.
You can swap a complete hood from any 1985 to 1999 Genesis x000, or 2000 through 2006 Silver, Gold and some platinum.

Dirty is one thing. Rusty is another...
I would use BBQ paint obviously, but not sure how it would do on stainless steel.

And ya, I don't like the idea of rust flakes on my burgers. It could be fairly easy for a metal shop to make up a new piece if I were able to remove the old liner in tact.

Last edited:
If you want all or parts of this one let me know. shipping to BC would probably be expensive...

Thanks, I will keep it in mind.

Nice find! As far as the lid goes I would swap it with an enamel one....a redhead or even a black, blue, or green one would look nice. I'm hoping the cabinet is not badly rusted as that is the weak point of that grill. If it is then converting it to an open cart would look nice as well.

Back