New member from Rough River, KY

Gary M

Hello everybody!

What a great forum to run into and find while searching for a decent pork mopping solultion. I never even knew this forum existed. And what better time to join this discussion then a day before a holiday wknd.

Some tidbits about me: My name is Gary and I live in a rural lake area of Kentucky. I've been grilling for sometime and have about 9yrs on my second Weber Kettle grill. This "low and slow" BBQ smoking game is rather new to me. It all started a few years ago whereas my wife's company would haul in their extra large smoker on a trailer and sell BBQ at a festival we have in town. They would then donate all the proceeds to charities around our county. I started helping them work the serving tables and the BBQ they served made my mouth water. I always enjoyed hickory smoked food and just the smell of it when people burn it for winter heat. Anywho, I wanted to start cooking some of this succulent, mouth watering, fall off the bone type cuisine for my own taste buds. Thus, the interest has now begun, and the funds are leaving the bank, ha, ha.

I've tried a couple of smokes on the Kettle this spring; so, so in taste, but not up the level of those company guys that rolled into town. Now I ordered a WSM 22.5 online yesterday and it will be delivered today sometime via Fed Ex. I also have a ET 732 on the way to replace the oven thermo I used in the kettle. Not sure if I'll be able to fire up the WSM this wknd due to a recent back surgery that has me limited on the weight I can lift, but I will smoke a butt or some ribs on the kettle this wknd. So, I begin my journey into the world of BBQ with the help of you-guys to steer me in the right direction. Hopefully save me from wasting money, and make some of the best food available to mankind.

Oh yeah, I seen some T-shirts in some of the post; are they still for sale?

God bless everybody and keep on BBQing.

Welcome to the group Gary. I am also new to this group and have been very pleased with all the help that is provided. This is one of the best forums I have used. I also have back issues and can sympathize with that dilemma. Maybe you can get a friend to help with the setup and cook in exchange for some great food. Sounds like you are doing the right things. I am still enjoying pulled pork sandwiches from my first overnight for mother's day. Doesn't get much better. If you can, post pictures of that first cook.
Good Luck!!

Back