New member from Illinois

JDeBuhr

Hello All,

I currently have a 2005 Weber Genesis Platinum and was looking to replace it in 2002, but ended up deciding to keep it. I was looking to purchase a pellet smoker and after 2 months of personal research, I ended up purchasing a Traeger. I did look at the SmokeFire. anyway my Weber is not going anywhere.

I am working on fixing the Platinum, I need to fix the floor in the bottom of the cabinet. I have a piece of sheet metal from the back of a 2005 Genesis Silver. Basically I bought a Silver in 2005 my dad bought a Platinum. about 3 years ago my dad bought a new Weber and I got his old one, I took my Propane parts to fitted it to his Platinum as the Silver I had was rotting away.

So I figured now is good time to join a Weber board ( since I joined a Traeger board for the smoker)

Welcome to the forum J, and good luck fixing up your platinum! Don't be shy about asking questions or posting pictures.

Thanks for the Welcome!! I meant 2022, not 2002 in my first post.. I will probably start fixing my cabinet in March for the Platinum and will get some pictures soon

Welcome from another Illinoisian (Chicago burbs).

"So I figured now is good time to join a Weber board ( since I joined a Traeger board for the smoker)"

It's OK, we all make mistakes... :)

Welcome from another Illinoisian (Chicago burbs).

"So I figured now is good time to join a Weber board ( since I joined a Traeger board for the smoker)"

It's OK, we all make mistakes... :)
Lol...

Honestly, while that maybe true, I don't like the lid venting of the smoke fire..

Otherwise I am still happy with my Genesis

Sorry if I'm thread jumping, but I found a Weber Genesis Platinum in very good condition for somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred dollars.

Attachments

• 00W0W_VfGvZ2yCPS_0zV0qt_1200x900.jpg
    00W0W_VfGvZ2yCPS_0zV0qt_1200x900.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sorry if I'm thread jumping, but I found a Weber Genesis Platinum in very good condition for somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred dollars.

Run and get it now. That's a fantastic grill. $100 is a good price.

Back