New Member from Berkeley Ca.

LinBerl

TVWBB Member
My name is Lin and I just ordered a 14.5" wsm. I've been using a Weber kettle for years and have wanted to improve my low and slow cooking. I didn't want to get the smokenator and the kettle just wasn't giving me the best results. I considered a PK grill and the PBC, but felt the PBC was really made for larger cooks (mostly it's just two of us). I really liked the PK but it didn't have the height I wanted. After lots of research, including all the helpful posts on this forum, I went with the smallest wsm. It's due to arrive in about a week. Yay! I can't wait. I hope to get my skills up enough to make a turkey this year for Thanksgiving if I can convince the family that stuffing doesn't have to be cooked inside the bird. Anyway, I have just started reading all the great informative posts here, and I'm super happy to be part of the Weber community. My first task will be building a brick base so the wsm is a comfortable height.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. If it ain't in the bird then how can you call it stuffing? What's it stuffed in?

Welcome to the group. If it ain't in the bird then how can you call it stuffing? What's it stuffed in?

Well, that's kind of how the family feels. But most of what I read says not to smoke a stuffed bird because you really have to get the temp up faster to make it safe, and being a noob, I don't want to kill anyone. So I guess we will call it dressing.....I'm thinking I can siphon off some of the drippings during the cook to moisten the oven cooked dressing. Thanks for the welcome:)

Welcome Lin and congrats on the WSM

Thanks! I'm pretty excited. I've decided to grill on my kettle every day til the smoker gets here, to keep me in the mood. Last night's chicken thighs were delicious! I ordered myself a thermopop, a compact chimney, some gloves, a river county thermometer to put through the grommet, and a sampler of wood chips. I might buy a leave in thermometer at some point for the meat but I don't mind hanging out in the yard and stabbing the meat with the thermopop to check. Haven't figured out if it's a necessity or a convenience yet.

thanks Enrico and Cliff,
5 days to delivery and counting! I found some great cabinet pulls to use as handles on the middle section for easy lifting, and to hang the lid. My paver "stand" is all ready and waiting. I'm learning so much reading in this forum; it's just getting me more pumped up.

Back