New Kingsford Comp. Briquettes at Home Depot Jan 27th

Tom Chips

TVWBB All-Star
Thanks to a resourceful associate at Home Depot, I was able to find out the day they will be getting the new K Comp Briq's, and the price for them.

Their purchasing price for a palate of 48 twelve pound bags is $335. Their retail price for that whole palate will be $ 430 (they didn't have the price per unit yet). So the unit price to us will be $ 8. 95 each.

I told the guy thanks, and that I will likely be picking up a half dozen bags.

Yep my local HD has a place for them empty on the ground, a price tag/sticker with SKU all ready to go but no product.

The HD guy said they are on order...didn't know when delivery was supposed to be though.

I didn't have time to get to Costco, but I want to check there too. Probably in the next few weeks sometime.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
I didn't have time to get to Costco, but I want to check there too. Probably in the next few weeks sometime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the costco near me does not stock charcoal during the winter months. completely lame!

I could see that argument in a region where it's absolutely freezing during the winter, but Hollywood? I grew up in Lancaster, and remember seeing summer BBQ stuff in the big stores pretty much year around.

My Costco doesn't stock it during the winter either. Last year they weren't stocking spares either, but I picked up a pack over the weekend. Maybe they'll bring in charcoal early since it's a new product. I'm still well stocked from all of the lump I bought from them on clearance last year.

It'll probably show up here in the spring at HD where the rock salt and liquid tire chain are now. By the end of this week it is supposed to be below zero here. I don't think it's on their minds right now. Winter -------------'s

Woohoo!! I just bought two bags of the Comp-K at the Home Depot here in Melbourne, Florida about 15 minutes ago. The nice lady in the department said that they just got it in last night. I bought the first two bags off of the pallet.

They were $8.97 a bag and it looks like the SKU # is 044600303376 if you want to ask your local HD.

Might just light off a Joe-Full tonight and do some burgers or steaks.

Russ

Back