New grill, three burnt fingers.

Funny how things become so automatic at times. I just retired my 20 year old Weber Gasser to my buddies cabin and downsized to a Spirit E210 since I have a Big Green Egg and a WSM and rarely use a gas grill anymore. I didn't notice how much further the handle sticks out on the Spirit compared to my older model. While juggling a beer and placing my steak on the cutting board. I reached up without looking as I suppose I always have and reached inside the handle gap and grabbed the 450 degree lid instead of the handle.

On a good note other than taking longer to heat up than my older larger model the grill and dinner were great. My fingers not so much, LOL

Glad to hear the dinner was great and you have a great attitude about the other. That is of course how we learn lessons. Bet you won't do that again.

Three Burnt Fingers, what a great name for a bbq team!
How about a new catch phrase, if you ain't burning your fingers, then you ain't cookin'

Happy that your dinner and your humor survived Ken.

Of course not. I'm 100% Polish. We never waste a drop. LOL........Funny story when my wife and I just moved into our new house we were stocking the liquor cabinet. I had an armful of booze bottles when I lost my footing and fell down three hardwood stairs that lead to my back door area. My toes got crammed under the door peeling all the skin off making them a bloody mess. I cracked a few ribs as well. I'm laying on the floor in severe pain all twisted in funny positions and my wife bursts out laughing. She says you didn't break one bottle which of course made me break out into laughter through all the pain. LOL

Back