New Front Shelf from the Fire Ring Guy!

My table has some light scratches as well but it’s just a BBQ pit and I love the table, perfect size, easy on and off. I hope to use it so much I scratch it to hell!!

knowing that SmokeFire red was in with tape though, I wouldn’t be feeling that,
I’m happy I got one of the first ones without it.
3433C574-4A50-4322-9B6A-70FFB9A4338D.jpeg

I ordered mine several months back for my 4. First I need to say that when it arrived, it did not fit. Every one of the mounting holes were off quite a bit, like 3/8”. I contacted the guy who made it and he immediately refunded me 25 bucks. That money went to purchase the files needed to widen ALL the mounting holes.
Then several weeks later the duct tape and thing red plastic started peeling. When I mentioned it to the builder he said ‘I just use gorila tape. If you want to keep it in use silicone.’ Ummmm. IF I want to keep it in? I ordered it to be like this, not IF, of course I wanted it to stay in. But as you can see by the photo, it is just a cheap piece of plastic that was barely taped in.
I do like the table, I have lit the cut out with lexan and LED like another member here. Just putting it out there that there could be a little more quality in it and don’t expect a ‘if you want it to stay in’ remark. I paid for it to be in. I expected it to stay.592950B9-3B75-4CD0-8739-8DDFA9BAF9BA.jpeg

Thanks guys. That was me that lit up the shelf. I was thinking about doing that since before I bought it. When another user on FB showed me their red insert had fallen out and was only Gorilla taped inside, that made the decision for me. Truth be told, the shelf is nice, but I wasn't (and still am not) thrilled with the finish of the table. The table came unwrapped in a tight cardboard box, and has a scratched area to bare metal. The finish is uneven and is "tiger striped", so it's most likely painted and not powdercoated like advertised. When I queried the seller about this I was told paint and powdercoat are the same, "only difference is in the cleanup" 🙄.

Anyways, it was disappointing dealing with him as he doesn't wasn't to take responsibility for any of it. He first told me to file a claim with FedEx, then offered to re-coat it for me or I can repaint it myself "when it needs it". When I requested a shipping label to send it back, he told me he won't pay for the shipping. Very disappointing, especially given his price. The whole thing is kind of shocking to me because usually guys who do great metalwork like he does would never want paint to detract from their talented work.

Anyways, I kept the shelf, lit it up. It really came out better than expected. I now have an idea for the paint. I'll post that when it's done. Here's a pic of it yesterday in the late afternoon.
View attachment 9172

And here's what it looks like in the daylight. You can see the "tiger stripes" on the table top in this pic.View attachment 9173

Sorry to hear about the challenges with the shelf. I really like those wheels though - where'd you get them?

Any chance one of you guys can explain how you did the lighting thing. I have the table and really love it, though the red backing to the name is peeling off.
Also I purchased a magnetic paper towel holder from BBQ Drip Ez that I attached under the table. The ends of the holder are separate so you can use it for paper towels, foil, or even butcher paper. The magnets are strong. The holder is black w/ a reddish orange logo, not that you see it. Like it's made for the SmokeFire.

Like I said Chris ship it back. Ill be glad to redo for you. As for as the red. That red should of never been shipped with them. It was just really to show the words off. When I first came here it was to help people out. It all started with the angle plate I made for people having issues. Weeber took it and made. Anyone else have any issues please pm me.

Like I said Chris ship it back. Ill be glad to redo for you. As for as the red. That red should of never been shipped with them. It was just really to show the words off. When I first came here it was to help people out. It all started with the angle plate I made for people having issues. Weeber took it and made. Anyone else have any issues please pm me.
I gotta tell you I LOVE MY TABLE, I’ve had a ton of people ask about it.
Im just shocked Weber isn’t copying your table. Thanks again, great product great ingenuity!! I feel lucky to have one!!CCEDF285-15EE-4C01-B953-06A6FD432C6D.jpeg

I’m interested in how this works out. I know of someone who tried magnets under the table and the magnets lost their strength due to the heat. I just bought a set of magnetic hooks so that I can hang the top grate when not in use and was planning on attaching to the front shelf but am now considering the hopper based on the other owner’s magnet problem.

Back