New digs for WSM and kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a new house but a new patio. Space on the deck was just not enough for a WSM and Platinum. The kettle was originally up against the outside deck railing on the ground but moved for the workers. Here is a photo before they started today.

patiobefore.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Today all excavation was done and stone spread. Tomorrow the pavers go in. The contractor told the wife today that his crew would not be leaving until the job was finished tomorrow. I can't wait to get set up. More photos tomorrow.

patioduring1.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Please keep the photos coming. I'm planning on doing a patio. I've got a nice sized deck, but I like grilling and smokin' at ground level.

You going to put a little retaining wall or some shrubs in for a wind break? I was going to do this project this summer, but haven't had time to put the thought into it that I'd like.

Looking good, can't wait to see it finished.

I was wondering what was going on with yours Joe. I'll have to post more next week. The contractor went to get the 16 pallets of pavers this morning and they were sold off. They were a special blend that he had ordered last week to match our existing walks. While I'm disappointed that it wasn't finished today, it should be done by next Wednesday. I told him to enjoy the weekend. No need for either of us to get angry.

The workers spead all the crushed substrate yesterday and packed it down. The contractor is going to try finding a new source for the pavers on Monday so he can complete the job Tuesday. He is really trying to fix the problem of not completing yesterday. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This photo shows the side of deck patio area. It is approx. 8x15 ft and what I plan to use for the bbq galley. A WSM, kettle, gear storage, etc.

patioduring2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

The backyard patio section is 14x20 ft and will accomodate a table with chairs and bar area. This photo shows both the table and galley area. Total patio area is 420 sq ft. More photo's when complete. Hopefully by Thursday.

patioduring3.jpg.w300h225.jpg

For now, I've decided to use the 8ft wide section on the side of the deck for my grills. There is still plenty of room to get around and it doesn't take up room in the larger 14x20 ft area of the patio.
patiofinish2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

patiofinish5.jpg.w300h225.jpg

We used a circle kit in the patio. Each kit can make 3 small or one large circle. My wife preferred one large circle in the center.

patiofinish4.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Wouldn't a ranch kettle fit perfectly in the open space to the left of the table? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Here is one last photo of the main area with table.
patiofinish3.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Moe,
Looks very nice! I especially like the circle in the middle. My wife would like to know your address. She wants to send the bill to you when we have ours done now. Since you gave me the idea!!!

One thing... put a hot water heater pan or something under that WSM before cooking just so you don't stain up those shiney bricks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Very Nice! I'm probably going to do mine next year. I'm thinking of taking my deck down (large but not very nice) and putting up a smaller one with a larger patio (pavers or concrete, not sure).

Thanks for the feedback. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I like the pan under the WSM idea.

Larry I'm not so sure I have room for another bill. Your wife could try though. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What I need to learn is to keep my ideas to myself. Everyone I share with my wife becomes another bill. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

The WSM was on the bench this past weekend. Fired up the kettle yesterday and grilled oysters, diver scallops, and some haddock for the wife. I think this weekend coming up, I'll do an overnight of butt and brisket.

If your as half as please as my wife, I'm sure your patio project will be a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back