New cover for my 22.5?

Brian Merz

TVWBB Member
Had a bit of a storm a few weeks back and the wind blew the cover off my 22.5 WSM and my 22.5 kettle, by the time I noticed it when I got home from work the covers were blown to China. The other day when I whent to smoke a butt I remembered why I loved my cover, the bowl was filled with water. When I went to Amazon to order a new one they are unavailable, same on Weber's site. anyone have any inside track on this or does the kettle covers fit? I would think they are too short. I have not called Weber yet but I am super lazy and hate talking on the phone.

Brian, if you don't mind spending a little more, I would recommend looking into the guru cover for your WSM. I think around $125 for the 22.5 WSM. Haevier duty than Weber cover, great insulator for wind/rain/etc, and big charcoal savings.

On my 18.5, I'd use a full chamber to smoke butts. Now I've got 2/3 left when I check it the next day.

Their site is a little messed up right now, I think they just revamped the interface. Might call em if interested.
http://store.thebbqguru.com/weborderentry/22.5" WSM Smoker Jacket

Brian, if you don't mind spending a little more, I would recommend looking into the guru cover for your WSM. I think around $125 for the 22.5 WSM. Haevier duty than Weber cover, great insulator for wind/rain/etc, and big charcoal savings.

On my 18.5, I'd use a full chamber to smoke butts. Now I've got 2/3 left when I check it the next day.

Their site is a little messed up right now, I think they just revamped the interface. Might call em if interested.
http://store.thebbqguru.com/weborderentry/22.5" WSM Smoker Jacket

Thats more of a cover to use while cooking, I think he is looking for one to cover it when not in use to keep rain out..

You need to call weber directly. I'd bet they'll help you find one if they don't just send you a freebie b

Thats more of a cover to use while cooking, I think he is looking for one to cover it when not in use to keep rain out..

I saw on their site that they recommend using it as an every day cover as well

Quoted from the bbq guru site

"This high temperature, silicone coated smoker jacket is designed to insulate your 22.5” WSM while while cooking. You will save fuel and prevent heat loss tremendously. Great for use in cool, rainy and windy weather conditions. The silicone coating also makes it great for use as a weather cover while not using your cooker."

Last edited:

Back