New bigger casters

MartinB

TVWBB All-Star
Changed my 3-in casters out to 5-in. The rubber had gotten hard on the harbor freight 3-in casters, and the side of the rubber had even broken off of one. This material seems to be more urethane-like. Rolls easier too. At $3 a piece I didn't expect much from the harbor freight casters.... These new ones came off of Amazon under of course Chinese as well, $33 for a set of four

Attachments

• PXL_20220820_191756127.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220820_191756127.MP.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 83
Yeah the color is a safety orange. Which makes sense on industrial type items so you see them.

If it bothers me, I might try dying them. You can often dye many plastics with rit dye and boiling hot water. Since I've got a spare I can test it first. My son used to dye his lacrosse heads on his lacrosse sticks to match school colors, etc. All depend on how porous the material is

Last edited:
I recently put a set that looks identical and that price on my Smokefire EX4. They're working good and I like the added height they give the smoker.

I like that they definitely roll much easier on my wooden deck. The decks in pretty bad shape... Starting to plan replacement. I guess I like the little bit of added height as well but that's not as important.

If anybody searching for casters such as these with a single bolt the keyword is "stem caster" btw.

Back