NEW AND IMPROVED WSM !!!!

Originally posted by Ed Cardoza:
For sure a better door and knob and I do like the idea of handles, it sure would make lifting the chamber a whole bunch easier. Maybe add some NFL or MLB emblems on them, heck we're all pretty much sports junkies.

Ed, I like the idea of having your favorite NFL or MLB team emblem...that would be saweeet!

What you guys said plus a model (either 18.5 or 22) that is cart mounted (I.E. like the Performer kettles).

Ray

WSM
Weber Performer
CG Pro SFB

How about a rotisserie mid section like the kettle! That would be sweet! Imagine doing butts and briskets on that!
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

+1 on tightening the door (or lose it altogether).

A way to nest oven gasket in the seams to tighten the unit up (air control is everything).

With those changes, no water pan is necessary, so either a Piedmont pan or other type of baffle.

1 additional lid vent and 1 or 2 additional bottom vents to faciltate hi-temp cooks (remember the door is gone).

A lid thermo, a midsection thermo, and a mount to hold the remote meat thermo.

A beverage holder.

Originally posted by Shawn W:
I would like larger or more top and bottom vents to be able to run hotter if I want to.
I can do that. I agree with you. The WSM needs a big vent on the very bottom to get it crankin. Just like the one touch gold grill has.
icon_wink.gif

A 22.5" model would be nice, and maybe a better quality door, but I wouldn't change anything else. I prefer having my thermometer in the exhaust flow at the top vent, and I wouldn't appreciate having to pay more for one that isn't where I want it.

Like other folks.
Better quality door and knob. Lid Temp gauge. Larger size. That's it. The smoker works great as it...don't mess with success (although an external water fill option would be nice...but paying for extras adds up)

1. Lip over joints, so that rain runs outside of the unit.

2. A thermometer.

3. A better/air tight/click indexed filler door.

4. A 22.5" option would be nice because the weber roti unit would fit, and the whole affair would be much more versatile

5. A larger water pan.

Those are my votes!

I don't even have mine yet(coming the 17th) and I would like a 22 1/2" model,I want the lid from the performer cuz it has a built in thermometer, better door but for sure needs a door. Have you heard the complaints from the guys with the knock off bullets? They all want a door. Other than that, like I said I don't even have mine yet.

Back