New 26 OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaynardO

TVWBB Member
I got my new 26 OTG can't wait to fire her up. It was 0 deg this AM. So not today.
I do not like the wheels at all. I will have to try find the old White Wall weber wheels the are 8" diameter.
Here she is.

HPIM2036.jpg

HPIM2031.jpg

The sad looking wheels

HPIM2029.jpg

Very jelous. Really, really want the 26, as I feel you still lack for indirect space on the 22 (or I should say, I do). Please show some cooking pictures soon. Good luck with it.

C'mon Maynard, It's 14' now.... fire it up!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Got beef ribs slow cookin' on the WSM and later the OTG will be on fire with some boneless chicken thighs... just gotta stay outta the wind.

I looked on the Weber web site and they show a handle heat shield. I called and they will send one out to me. Also Weber changed the plastic handles and added a small plastic handle to the top damper along with their silly new wheels. I told them at Weber what I thought of new wheels.

HPIM2038.jpg

HPIM2033.jpg

I have purchased the little black handles for the lid vent, they are handy for making adjustments without getting burned.

I checked my stock and don't have any new 8" wheels but will trade you 4 used old style - white wall Weber 8" wheels if you really want to get rid of the new style. I have 2 new 6" wheels I'd trade if you think they would work on the new grill.

I also have a few of the old style plastic, not wood, handles if you don't like the new ones they are putting on new grills.

Congrats Maynard. That is one nice kettle.

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about the wheels, not unless I was wheelin' it around the neighborhood !
icon_wink.gif

Kidding aside, you will be getting so much good food off that you will forget the wheels. Good luck with the first cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back