new 26.5 kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sure would like an explanation why the u.s. has almost no color choice and europe has a whole bunch. ticks me off. weber, get yer act together.

Differnt colors make the grills more exciting. Yeah Black is typical but a lot of people like the retro stuff, also just adds some character to your patio. I would love a color choice, I would not mind paying a little extra if you could choose outside the box of a "regular color" How cool would an orange or yellow kettle or WSM be?

I wish either one of those greens was available in the states. I also noticed that they had the performer style therm in the lid - missing on the US OTG.

Bill, a "Westerner" kettle with the longhorn on the side would be very cool - I think it was only available as a 26" kettle, maybe a limited/commemorative edition of the 26"?

Originally posted by r benash:
I like the idea of a bigger kettle and also the bigger WSM's, but what - was I the only one who noticed (or cared) that on page 29 of the url Chris posted that there's a 22.5 cast iron cooking grate shown that apparently is built so that you can add charcoal? Definitely worth looking into IMHO. I currently have a BGE 18" that I bought and just seasoned. But - if I could get a nice one like the one shown that will sit right into the kettle without having to sit on the wire rack - AND allows me to add fuel, then that would be the ticket, and something that replaces the CI grate Weber used to sell!

I'm definitely going to look into it further to see if I can source one.

Just a follow up. That CI accessory on page 29 will be available in November for 69 Euro plus shipping from Germany.

Originally posted by george curtis:
i sure would like an explanation why the u.s. has almost no color choice and europe has a whole bunch. ticks me off. weber, get yer act together.

Nothing new I had to go to Australia to get a Weber propane conversion for the 22.5" OTS.

I would die for a Copper kettle to match my copper gasser.

Oh my.

Do they sell in France? How big is the box? My sister her hubby and moms is going there in a few months.

Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
Here are the Suggested Retail Prices
26"One Touch Black MSRP $399
We have a second source now saying MSRP is $299.

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6530022865/m...090080475#2090080475

I wonder which price is correct? I like $299 better, that's for sure!
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
When there is a will and the Web, there is (almost) always a way...

http://www.spogagafa.com/global/dokumente/spogagafa/neuheiten_p_z.pdf

Skip to page 34 to read about new Weber products shown at the SPOGA outdoor show in Cologne. Blow-up the PDF to 300% and you get a view of some detail of the thermometer in lid and heat field under the lid handle. (Another heat shield for 2009...I'm seeing a safety theme here.)

Hard to get a sense of scale without seeing it next to the 22".

R

Ummmmm...did anyone see the 22.5" cast iron grate on page 29????

Originally posted by Chris in Cameron Park:
Ummmmm...did anyone see the 22.5" cast iron grate on page 29????
Yes, r benash mentions it twice within this message thread, once on pg 2 and once on pg 3..."available in November for 69 Euro plus shipping from Germany"

Wow. I love the heat retention qualities of the CI grates but $100 is a little steep. And that's without VAT (19% I think) and shipping.

Is that offered by weber or aftermarket? Looks pretty cool.

I can't wait for the 26.5" kettles to come out. So I then I can look on craigslist for, "Brand New 26.5" Kettle Weber BBQ. used twice. Going to gas. Used only 3 times. $150"

On our computer at work the SRP is listed at $300 (just checked today.) As I stated on the price listing thread for the WSM's, the available date is not listed yet, so prices could change.

On a side note, the only reason I even saw it (not in the market for one myself) is that a customer came in today looking at our BGE's. Had a long conversation with him about his wants and needs (wanted to both smoking and grilling and table space) and I put together packages for him consisting of various combination's of 18.5($300)/22.5($400) WSM's and 22.5($160)/26.5($300) OTG's (the 26.5 is listed as a OTG in our system.) He's pretty set on the 22.5 WSM/26.5 OTG and a 6' folding table($70) to put between the two, the total of which still comes in costing $30 less than the 18.5 BGE w/nest and side tables. I'm also giving him an additional $70 off when he pays for it (basically the table for free) so he'll save $100 total over the BGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back