New 22” wsm owner question about lavalock gasket install

NDekens

TVWBB Member
So, im going to install a lavalock gasket on my 22” wsm before I use it. Question I have is have any of you guys installed it on the cajuin bandit door? If so should I mount the gasket on the door or the cylinder?

thanks!

I would absolutely put it on the door itself. It's a much cleaner look. I wouldn't put it on the bottom, just along the top and sides. If you put it on the cylinder you'll have a nasty dirty white exposed section of gasket.

I would absolutely put it on the door itself. It's a much cleaner look. I wouldn't put it on the bottom, just along the top and sides. If you put it on the cylinder you'll have a nasty dirty white exposed section of gasket.
What about putting it on the bottom of the cylinder? Or is that to close to the coals?

I put all the way around the door of mine. Except for about a 3 inch gap where the door latch mechanism is. Also I have just the stock door,

You mean between the bottom section and center section? You can do it but it might be a tight fit at first. I wouldnt put it on the bottom of the door because it tucks into the center section and that's usually a pretty tight fit. You MIGHT get a slight leak at the corners but it's super minimal.

I'm on my phone or Id link it but if you search for the post by thoey in the wsm modification forum he's got perfect pictures on where to put it.

You mean between the bottom section and center section? You can do it but it might be a tight fit at first. I wouldnt put it on the bottom of the door because it tucks into the center section and that's usually a pretty tight fit. You MIGHT get a slight leak at the corners but it's super minimal.
Yes, im talking about between the bottom section and the center section.

I'd put it on the top of bottom sectionon the inside. Terry did his along the bottom of the center section on the outside Either way is fine.

So, im going to install a lavalock gasket on my 22” wsm before I use it. Question I have is have any of you guys installed it on the cajuin bandit door? If so should I mount the gasket on the door or the cylinder?

thanks!
I installed this gasket setup on my 22 with the Cajun bandit door. I didn’t run any of the gasket between the middle and bottom section (no smoke leaked out from that section my first couple of uses).

Around the door I put the gasket on the cylinder not the door. I put the Cajun bandit door on the smoker then traced it with a grease pencil. When I installed the gasket, I just made sure to keep it inside the lines. You will have to adjust the lock for the door once you finish installing the gasket. Also, make sure you take the time to properly round the Cajun bandit door to your smoker before install

Back