NEW: 2013 Weber 1401001 Performer Silver Charcoal Grill

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the 2013 Weber 1401001 Performer Silver Charcoal Grill, listed at Amazon for $229.

• 22.5-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
  • Plated steel hinged cooking grate
  • Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
  • Tuck-Away lid holder, rust-resistant aluminum damper, and one glass-reinforced nylon handle
  • Assembled dimensions are 42-inch by 39-inch by 28.5-inch

This new take on the classic Weber Performer grill has a space-saving design and exceptional maneuverability. A sturdy painted metal table is right at hand while grilling, but folds down for convenient storage or when not in use. The Tuck-Away lid holder allows you to simply move the lid to the side to check on your meal or add charcoal. Other convenience features include an aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system and enclosed high-capacity ash catcher. Together these make dealing with ashes and cleanup as hassle-free as possible.

Thanks for all three of these Chris. I'm the last person in the world to be a marketing guru but I'm not sure of the wisdom concerning the Gold version. The Silver may actually find a following. I would be interested in your thoughts on this as well as any one else who may have an opinion on this.

I think the Silver is a good deal, if gas assist is not wanted, and you can live with a smaller table.
If in the market for a new grill, I would give serious thought to it over the standard 22.5 OTG.

But on the Gold and Platinum, I feel the timer is pretty useless, unless you're cooking hard boiled eggs.
At least the prices didn't go up much if any.

I do like that they differentiate between the models better, rather than just a Performer with or without gas assist.

And great news for folks desiring an 18" SJG.

I can see where this silver model would be good for someone in a condo ,or apartment where space is limited. You get a lot for fair but not to low of a price.

Last edited:
for 20.00 bucks more you can get the Platinum with two nice sized tables..............they don't fold down and that is a nice feature if space is limited........

One thing i wish weber would do is make lids for right handers, all there lids are for left handers. On the performer pick i would like the exhaust vent on the opposite side of the handle. I like the smoke blowing away from the table and handle.

Seems like the Performer Gold is overpriced since for just $30 more you can get the Performer Platinum with Gas assist. I think if they kept the price at this year's level (about $280) then it would be a bit more in line in terms of how they price their models.

I agree that the Performer Silver could very well develop a nice following. You get a lot for that price.

I saw on the weber kettle club forum site that the Platinum grill will be discontinued. If that is true, it makes sense since that grill was not a big seller for weber, and there's no point in keeping that one around with the Performer Silver about to hit the market.

Last edited:
You think these are great now, wait till we start snagging up off Craigslist at half or more off the retail prices. :D

Just sayin'

Back