never gonna use a basket again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Berry

TVWBB Fan
can't do it. I hate 'em. Don't know what they are good for. Tried them a few times, never have liked it.....I'm done...anybody want some baskets from a performer...worthless......Conrad just hit a home run ( Braves Game).....makes me feel better after it took 2 ours to cook my chicken wings./.......hope I don't sound like a whiny woman (no offense to the ladies reading) just venting..

icon_biggrin.gif

Ya sound like a whiney man. Hee hee
icon_wink.gif

Don't blame you - I've never seen a need for them.

Go Braves! I miss Chief Knock-a-Homa and his boy - Hit-a-Single.

The teepee in the left field stands was classic!

Between the lost ticket revenue from the seats used by the tepee and the Native American Rights Activist protesting the exploitation of the American Indian, it could never happen in this day and time.

Too bad........

Pat

Yeah, those are nice looking baskets...so are Easter Baskets....except you can get some good cady and stuff from an Easter basket...like those bubblegum eggs, used to love those things.

Yeah Pat, it is too bad. I miss him too. I have a picture somewhere of me and my pee-wee baseball team posing with the Chief after a game....long time ago...I bet he had a Weber grill....a blue one. And, he probably started his own fire by rubbing sticks together and stuff....he was cool like that.

i bought a pair thinking i would use them. yep, used just once. i'm not giving them up yet as i should try them more. what was the issue with them ?

I'm with Andy (I use them a lot "for indirect cooking when I want to split charcoal up on the sides to have an indirect zone in the middle").

I use them for smoke-roasting chickens, roasts, etc., but I also just use one on the side for smoking ribs, etc.

I don't use them when I'm direct grilling (high heat) steaks, chops, etc.

I don't think I'll ever give them up!

I just use mine as a wall/fence to keep my brickets where I want them. Whether its 1/2 the grill or I can tighten it up so the coals are only in 1/4 of the grill.
they work good for that.

Originally posted by James M-B:
Baskets I've hardly used.
Rails I used to use a lot.
Now I'm just lazy.....

Same here, "light and pour". I use a charcoal rake to move things around if I need to. I use lump all the time though so maybe that's why. Think if i was using briquettes I might use them more often.

Dunno. I use them with lump too. But I never cook with coals spread on the coal grate. I had a faux Weber kettle given to me for my Okla place - and immediately went to Lowe's to grab baskets.

Like George said...I probably just need to try them more. I was using them for indirect cooking and I usually do not use the baskets for that. I'm used to just piling the coals to one side without a basket since I had my first Weber for years before I even heard of a basket used this way. These came with the performer. I have good results without them so I guess there's no need to change. I think with practice I could have good results with the baskets and maybe even save on the amount of charcoal used.

Originally posted by Stuart Osterweil:
I use my baskets with lump everytime I grill. One of each side with a foil pan in the middle. Love them.

I have a pair;question, do you fill your baskets with lump up to the full level? How about Kingsford Charcoal?

Richard

Originally posted by richard garcia:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Osterweil:
I use my baskets with lump everytime I grill. One of each side with a foil pan in the middle. Love them.

I have a pair;question, do you fill your baskets with lump up to the full level? How about Kingsford Charcoal?

attachment.php

Richard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't put Kingsford in them, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back