Nesco Pizza Express

TomRc

TVWBB Pro
I’m wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with this little electric pizza maker. It’s a Nesco Pizza Express tabletop stone-style unit, 120v / 1200w. The words ”Napoli”, ”Modena”, and “Italy” always seem to be sprinkled in among the terminology in any mention of them online. Anyways, I came across them for the 1st time 4-5 years ago and learned that these original ones have quite a bit of a cult following for whatever reason. Used ones trade hands regularly in the $100 +/- price point. There are modern interpretations and other knockoff brands available but none of them seem to have the mystique or draw of these originals. When I saw a new, unused one a couple years ago, I grabbed it along with an original recipe book at the same time. Fast forward to today and it remains unused since I already make a mean pie on the gasser with a stone and a custom Etsy-sourced stainless shroud. Can anyone chime in with some knowledge at all on this pizza cooker? I’m about ready to just get rid of it while it’s still new to command top value but a part of me really wants to know more about this mysterious little gadget, too. Whaddaya say, fellow Webbies?

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpeg
    IMG_3487.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3489.jpeg
    IMG_3489.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3488.jpeg
    IMG_3488.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3490.jpeg
    IMG_3490.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3491.jpeg
    IMG_3491.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi Tom, My wife has the same type of pizza cooker from Breville. It draws a lot of current and gets very hot. It takes about 5 minutes to heat up and 5 minutes to cook. Works great for a quick pizza for 1 person. It makes a thin crust pizza about the same size as a dinner plate. No maintenance and easy to use.

I don’t know how well it would do with a medium crust thickness -Greek style in my neck of the woods - deep dish or pizza multiple toppings since most of the heat seems to be radiant from the top down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 5
i know nothing of it. but if you own a 12" CI pan, that's all you need for near perfect homemade pizza. unitaskers get voted off the island in our home.

take the money and run.

Back