Need some help with this one not a Weber but a Ducane.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Need some help on this one. Got this Weber/ Ducane for free including a cover. It’s in remarkable shape no rust or corrosion. Has an inferred back burner a never used side burner and never used rotisserie. The burners look great as do the flavorizer bars and heavy SS grills.
My dilemma is I know nothing about Ducanes except they were a high end grill. I know they were bought by Weber and made in China and now discontinued.
So does anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth cleaning up. I got to work fast because if I want to keep it I’ve got to come up with a plan to convince Barb.

Update:
Found out why the guy gave it away, no gas flow so it wouldn't lite. Plus a strong gas odor when you opened the tank valve. Replaced the regulator and bingo we got fire and everything works perfectly. Will start the cleanup this coming week.

S1034965_zpsa7ydvk11.jpg

S1034966_zpsjmeeelga.jpg

S1034969_zpsvxqdntin.jpg

S1034964_zpshy4dksyv.jpg

S1034960_zpse2djtbqx.jpg

S1034961_zpsibn0p8is.jpg

S1034962_zps3ojajnhv.jpg

S1034963_zpsyr2juyet.jpg

Got it cleaned up and now to drag it through the house into the backyard, going to be fun cuz this things a tank.
S1034971_zpsct02y6gl.jpg

S1034973_zpsdyy4ebot.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely worth cleaning up. I'd hook a propane tank up to it first and make sure everything works as it's supposed to.

Some of those Ducanes were all 304 stainless. Looks for all the world on the inside like an older Summit 450 but with 3 burners. I'd say clean it up and use the hack out of it. I don't know if these were sub-contracted to another company for Weber or made by Weber in their plants in China. My friend did some work for Weber in the Chinese plant and some of the stuff I learned helps you understand why stuff from China comes here so cheap

I almost bought one of these, but I just couldn't get past the Made In China issue. They were very well constructed, especially considering the price. Parts like burners and flavorizers are super cheap on Ebay. and the cabinet is all stainless steel and much more sturdy than the Webers.
Nice score!

I almost bought one of these, but I just couldn't get past the Made In China issue. They were very well constructed, especially considering the price. Parts like burners and flavorizers are super cheap on Ebay. and the cabinet is all stainless steel and much more sturdy than the Webers.
Nice score!

This one was built in the Weber factory in China so it's built better than the ones that were built there after Weber sold the brand to a Chinese company. Thing is built like a tank, very heavy. It's smaller than my E320 but weighs a lot more. The SS is 304, good stuff. You're right parts are cheap and easy to find.
Got to make a decision, now I've got four gassers that's at least three to many, some of these have got to go.

Back