Need some help with a part number please

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm coming to the restoration pros here for some help and guidance.
Starting to gather some parts up for my skyline restore. I know the porcelain coated steel grates are part # 7525. That's what the grill came with and they are filthy but look to be in good condition except for that. If I can't get them clean I was going to look for a cast iron set like I have on my 2000. Except I can't find the part # for those, if anyone knows what it is I would appreciate it.
What's odd is that all of my previous rehabs all had CI grates. So the porcelain steel ones are new to me
Also what's the best way to clean the porcelain grates without damaging the porcelain.

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT:

Forgot I need to get rcplanebuyers email address I need to get some SS grates for my NG E320 which is our outside oven in the summer so it gets used a lot and the CI grates are showing some flaking and rust in spots.
If anyone has it I would appreciate it

Last edited:
They old number for the cast iron grates was #7526 but they have been replaced with the newer triangular shaped ones that also fit the recent 3 burner Spririt 300 series:
https://www.grillparts.com/weber/silver_b.asp?product_id=7638
I had the 7526 as well but over the years the enamel came off and they rusted with continuously more little splinters of enamel coming off. I finally trashed them. I don't know if the new ones are any better but I now went with stainless steel grates.
I use the ones from RCplanebuyer as so many other folks here:
https://www.ebay.com/str/rcplanebuyer

As for cleaning the porcelain steel grates: I soak them in water with dish soap over night and then I scrub them with #0000 steel wool.

Last edited:
They old number for the cast iron grates was #7526 but they have been replaced with the newer triangular shaped ones that also fit the recent 3 burner Spririt 300 series:
https://www.grillparts.com/weber/silver_b.asp?product_id=7638
I had the 7526 as well but over the years the enamel came off and they rusted with continuously more little splinters of enamel coming off. I finally trashed them. I don't know if the new ones are any better but I now went with stainless steel grates.
I use the ones from RCplanebuyer as so many other folks here:
https://www.ebay.com/str/rcplanebuyer

As for cleaning the porcelain steel grates: I soak them in water with dish soap over night and then I scrub them with #0000 steel wool.

Thanks for the reply Stefan, I just remembered that part # for the CI grates when I got back on here. I did an overnight soak with large amounts of dawn dish soap, nothing didn't phase the gunk at all. I don't think the owner ever brushed the grates. Right now I've got them on the E320 on high trying to burn some off.
I would like to get some of RCplanebuyers SS grates but they wouldn't be for the skyline. The skyline I want to make as nice as possible using original parts.

If dish soap does not work try vinegar in the water. Lots of it. That sometimes helps. Or the other option would be oven cleaner spray. With heat you need to be careful. These flimsy tin grates sometimes like to bent.
I understand you want to restore it as original as possible. But not all Weber parts have been great in quality. Therefore I prefer to replace these with better aftermarket ones.

If dish soap does not work try vinegar in the water. Lots of it. That sometimes helps. Or the other option would be oven cleaner spray. With heat you need to be careful. These flimsy tin grates sometimes like to bent.
I understand you want to restore it as original as possible. But not all Weber parts have been great in quality. Therefore I prefer to replace these with better aftermarket ones.

Closer inspection shows that they're toast. The high heat cook off did the trick but also exposed lots of rust. Also noted that my CI grates on the E320 are starting to show a little rust. I know someone on here I believe has the email for rcplanebuyer on CL. I need to check with him on some SS for the E320, that's a good investment as it's NG and gets used a lot as an oven in the summer to keep the house cool.

Rich there is no reason you cannot use RC's grates as OEM in your Skyline. They match exactly to Weber's very own optional grates they sold for the Genesis line only Dave sells them at 1/2 the cost of Weber. BTW I sent you his direct email already. Best of luck

Rich there is no reason you cannot use RC's grates as OEM in your Skyline. They match exactly to Weber's very own optional grates they sold for the Genesis line only Dave sells them at 1/2 the cost of Weber. BTW I sent you his direct email already. Best of luck

Thanks Larry, email sent to Dave for a price on the E320 and the skyline.

Back