Need help with rotisserie attachment for grill

OzzyR

Hi All - new member here. I got a Genesis redhead. I need help knowing what year and model this is. I would also like to add a rotisserie to it and would need help knowing which model number I should get. Thanks in advance and really enjoyed reading all the restoration write ups.

Attachments

• 1F2A60D2-112F-4CBE-BC17-53804AC84D28.jpeg
    1F2A60D2-112F-4CBE-BC17-53804AC84D28.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 24
That looks to be a Genesis 1 from later 1980's
I am pretty sure a Weber #9890 Rotisserie would fit that grill just fine. They don't make them any more, but they are available second hand on FB MP and CL and Ebay fairly often.

Last edited:
That looks to be a Genesis 1 from later 1980's
I am pretty sure a Weber #9890 Rotisserie would fit that grill just fine. They don't make them any more, but they are available second hand on FB MP and CL and Ebay fairly often.

Thank you Bruce for identifying the grill - and the part number for the rotisserie.

Ozzy, Welcome to the forum.
You are welcome. It looks like you have a pretty good restore going on there. I hope you will post some more photos of it.

Hi All - new member here. I got a Genesis redhead. I need help knowing what year and model this is.

I just noticed the extended frame on the right side of the control panel. I think this makes your grill a Genesis 2 if there was a wood table there. If it had a side burner, then it would be a Genesis 3.

If the control panel is original, look for a sticker underneath. It may have a code showing the model.

Chris documented the codes in this thread:

1648395332001.png

Hi DanHoo - I’m in the process of restoring it- hugely due to me seeing this forum and it’s users. The slats were pretty weathered - I’m just going to lacquer them for the time being. I’ll post a pic when it’s all done.
Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Attachments

• 6FD21B86-BF8D-44F4-970E-687828BC3365.jpeg
    6FD21B86-BF8D-44F4-970E-687828BC3365.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 6
Welcome Ozzy!
When you get your rotisserie go NUTS! They are such a great tool in the arsenal. After I installed my bracket, Bruce recommended using wingnuts to mount it,”AFTER” I installed it, I would advise that trick now that mine is all gunked up, I have no interest in taking It out. Not having the bracket allows a little more room and access to the side table. It’s not a big deal but, if I did it again(or after the next deep cleaning) I might get wingnuts for it.

There’s also the Weber-fit kits from OneGrill. You can get either plug-in or battery motors, and they make quality products - it’s what Cajun Bandit uses for motors, spits, and forks. I gave the link for the three-burner model, but I believe the one for the two-burner would also fit your grill. If nobody chimes in with an answer, I’m sure that calling OneGrill would answer your questions.

There’s also the Weber-fit kits from OneGrill. You can get either plug-in or battery motors, and they make quality products - it’s what Cajun Bandit uses for motors, spits, and forks. I gave the link for the three-burner model, but I believe the one for the two-burner would also fit your grill. If nobody chimes in with an answer, I’m sure that calling OneGrill would answer your questions.
Hi LeeH - thanks for the link. I’ve got this universal charbroil kit from the big box store - going to see if I can use that kit - without messing with the firebox on the grill
Otherwise I’ll go with the OneGrill option

If the spit is 5/16” square, I might be leery of using it in your grill. I don’t think the notches in the top of the box are big enough for most bushings, and I’d worry about the square spit chewing up the box material. The OneGrill spits have journals machined into them - if you have a lathe you could do the same with the Charbroil kit.

If the spit is 5/16” square, I might be leery of using it in your grill. I don’t think the notches in the top of the box are big enough for most bushings, and I’d worry about the square spit chewing up the box material. The OneGrill spits have journals machined into them - if you have a lathe you could do the same with the Charbroil kit.
Exactly what I was thinking about machining the aftermarket rod . Will post after it’s all done - with Timothy’s tip of adding the wing nuts!

Just stumbled across the grill of discussion here on ebay for $1500?! Crikey! I won’t begrudge anyone of a profit but I sure hope we’ve found one heckuva rotisserie to include at this Vieluxe territory price point.
EA3F0BA6-04E4-4FA5-8BC0-13391A05C6A9.png

That's pretty funny. I would probably at least put it back together before posting it and going for the big score on it!

That's pretty funny. I would probably at least put it back together before posting it and going for the big score on it!
Wood slat tables have appeared in the photo and the price dropped $300 in the 40 minutes since my post on it so OP must be paying attention and reacting.

Last edited:

Back