Need Help! Weber lid fitting on top of rottisserie ring

Regina S

TVWBB Pro
Not sure where to post this. But any one who has the EZ Que set up, do you have problems with the weber lid fitting on top of the ring? I am using a weber one touch platinum. I checked my lid it was out of round, recievd a new one from weber. The fit was great.I used the new new lid once to make steaks. Second cook with the new lid was to place it over the ez que ring to give me some height for doing beer can chicken, the lid did not fit correctly and would slide off easily.What am I doing wrong here? How can I modify this, or should I just buy a different ring which I hate to do because the EZ Que set is new. Any help with this is very much appreciated. I know Ray Benash and Brian Moriarity have this, any help from you guys would be very much appreciated or anyone else. Sorry for the long post....

Slid off? Your ring is on the kettle right? - correct orientation?

I have to occasionally bend the ring to get my lid of my Platinum to sit tightly but it's easy to do.

Thanks Kevin. Yes, the lid, I would have expected it to sit firmly as it does on the kettle itself. The stainless ring sits very firmly down into the kettle. As I had said, the lid to the kettle itself when it is sitting on top of the ring does not seat itself firmly. I will try to bend the ring slightly. It is almost as if the ring is a smidge too big, or the lid a smidge too small.
icon_confused.gif
I just wasn't sure if due to high heat there was some change in the metal that may have caused this. Thanks again for your prompt response. I appreciate you taking the time in your busy schedule...

The fit of my lid with the rotisserie ring is snug. I have to wiggle the lid around a bit and press down to get it to seal.

It's easy for the ring to get out of round. I know because I "dropped" mine once from our elevated deck! Fortunately, it's equally easy to re-round.

Thanks Dennis! I will try that,...maybe I am just being a little to delicate and lady-like with it
icon_smile.gif
. I will try to press it down to get that seal.

Back