Need Help Identifying Grill and Some Parts

KennP

Does anyone know what this is?

A friend of mine gave me this sharp cart and some other parts, and I've been trying to make a grill out of it.

The firebox I put in there seems to fit. It has five bars, and I assume it's a Genesis Silver B firebox, but I don't know for sure.

Grill1of3.jpg

The weird thing is that the gas manifold attaches to only this firebox (I have a couple Genesis 1000 fireboxes also). I know this because the two screws that attach the manifold to the firebox are closer together than the 1000s. So this manifold of mine only works with this firebox of mine. It gets weirder! Look how the manifold, below, rests on the frame. Those things on the side stick up. So how is the plate with the control knobs supposed to lie flat? I don't have any control panel with holes or slits in it that would accommodate this manifold.

Grill2of3.jpg

LOL. I've never seen a frame like this. Does anyone know what this frame originally belonged to, what kind of firebox I need and whether this manifold works with this or any other grill. I'd appreciate any thoughts/info. Thanks.

Grill3of3.jpg

That looks like a Genesis 1000 or Genesis 1 frame. The cook box is a Silver B/C cook box and the manifold is ????. I remember doing a grill a few years back with those flanges, but they fit into the frame into slots. I don't remember those over sized valve gaskets though. Anyway, does the control panel otherwise fit the grill OK to include the valve holes being centered on the actual valves?

I think you have parts from three different grill all likely incompatible.

>>Anyway, does the control panel otherwise fit the grill OK to include the valve holes being centered on the actual valves?

Yes, if the panel could like flat, things seem like they would line up, using the shorter burn tubes, not the longer ones.

(If this is a Silver B, then a 1000 and a Silver B both seem to fit in this frame.)

Anyway, it was a nice day today. I thought I could mix and match all my parts and figure out something, but no.

What is the part number on that control panel? It should be on the bottom left and start with an "8".

The manifold is off a Spirit 3 Burner like the grill in the picture. The flange fits in slots on the Spirit frame. The Spirit has the same size firebox and uses the same size burner tubes.

The manifold looks like it could work without the flanges. You need some support to keep the manifold from sinking

IMG_2731.JPG

OK ,that is where I saw those flanges before. He could simply take some wire and support it off that bar where the igniter goes.

Great information. That's it! Thank you, BPratt and Bruce.

I'm not the handiest person, but I enjoy working with the grills. If I were handy I would consider cutting a slot into the frame on both sides, so the manifold could slide into the frame somehow. I will also try to see if the manifold can be supported by wire with the two metal hooks somehow under the frame instead of resting atop it.

I feel other problems may pop up, so maybe I will just stand down on this project. In the meantime, if anyone is in need of such a manifold, let me know.

So to make that little setup work, it looks like I need a manifold assembly from a Silver B. Is that what you think too?

Yep, that is a Silver B cook box, so you would need a manifold for a silver B to fit it. however, I think you are trying to put the whole works on a Genesis 1000 frame which is not compatible without some significant modifications from what I understand.

Back