need help finding burners for genesis 1000 that have the correct length crossover tube

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
Does anyone have a recommendation for a set of burners with the proper length crossover tube for a Genesis 1000 / Genesis 3 cookbox?

The ones I've ordered recently have too short of a cross over tube.

I need 13 1/2 yet I'm getting ones with 12 3/4.

more details...

last Wednesday I received a set of these burners: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09726DWSM/?tag=tvwb-20

• DIMENSIONS: Includes all three burners and the cross over tube. Front and rear burners measure 29 1/8" long and center burner is 28 7/8". The crossover burner is 13 1/2" long; Material: Stainless Steel

and the crossover tube was too short. Measured about 12 3/4" and while it barely fits, it will fall out.

I returned them, and re-ordered a replacement set in case it was a mistake.

As a backup, I also ordered this set https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097BSYMLF/?tag=tvwb-20

Plowo 7506 Burner Tube Set Replacement for Weber Genesis Series 1000, 1000LX, 2000, 2000LX, 3000, 3000LX, 4000, 4000LX, 5000, 5000LX

• DIMENSIONS: Includes all three burners and the cross over tube. Front and rear burners measure 29 1/8" long and center burner is 28 7/8". The crossover burner is 13 1/2" long; Material: Stainless Steel
And this set is also too short of a crossover tube. Other than a different bar code on the sticker the tubes and crossover look identical

Last edited:
I found some 13 1/2 inch crossover tubes so I might just buy them.

$25 for the three main tubes is pretty cheap.

Dan, I just had this same problem today. I pulled out my new Chinese burner tubes to install and sure enough, the crossover tube was too short. I reused a weber crossover tube that I had because I didn't want to send it all back. I did have to file down one of the tabs on the burner tube to make it fit together. How aggravating is that!

Ok, so other than being a PITA, the cost isn't a deal breaker. The crossover tubes are $7 plus shipping, and I bought two.

So adding $10 to the $25 burners is still much cheaper than others, and I'm not sure others will have the proper crossover tube.

the 12 3/4" crossover tube works in a Silver B, and I needed one so its all good, I guess.

Plus I think we can just assume that these cheap burner tube sets are all going to come with a too short crossover. You've run into two different ones already and mine were some other weird brand name.

Were the short burner tubes in two DIFFERENT brands of tubes or were they both from the same supplier?

Were the short burner tubes in two DIFFERENT brands of tubes or were they both from the same supplier?
Two different brands for me.

Sounds like @Steve Hoch had a third brand.

edit: first brand was YOUFIRE, and the second was Plowo. They look to be identical. Wrapped in the same bubble wrap, same burner style, single row of circular holes on the top of the center etc. The barcode sticker on the bubble wrap was the only difference.

Last edited:
These are the YOUFIRE burners with the proper crossover tube from grill parts. . They seem to work well.

20211015_183225.jpg

Last edited:

Back