Need a recommendation for a sweetish commercial BBQ sauce...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a chile head, my tolerance for heat is much higher than most people's. In fact, it turns out, when I am eating what I consider to be rather mild, it is medium-hot for most people.

About 80% of my guests absolutely love my BBQ sauce, especially, the ones that grew up on Q or are from a Q culutre.

So here is my problem... I really don't want to always cook up 2 batches sauce and I really don't need much of the other anyway.

So what is a good commerically availible, I mean goto a supermarket and find, sweetish BBQ sauce that I can give those non-heat tolerant guests?

Thanks...

So far, I have loved the BRITU sauce of original KC Masterpiece with some honey added. I know you don't want to cook much, but sauteing 1/4 cup of onion in 1/2 stick of butter also gives it a great consistency.

Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce is sweet.

Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce is even sweeter.

Spyro, I also vote for Sweet Baby Ray's for a commercial sauce. But I do have a request. Please post your sauce recipe (The hotter the better) or if you don't want it public please E-mail it to me. I'm alway's on the lookout for a nice hot bbq sauce.
Thanks

My Sams Club carries Sonny's Real Pit Barbecue sauce out of Florida. Dang, I really like that stuff! Being an eastern Carolina boy, I only eat vinegar sauce on my pork, but I keep finding ways to eat that Sonny's.

Troy,

I ended up using your sauce recipe with the 5 parts KC Masterpiece, 1 part Honey, finely chopped onion and 1/2 stick of butter.

I probably could have used some more onion, my bottle of KC Masterpiece was huge, but it was a real hit...

To be rather honest, I didn't really care for the sauce when I tasted during making it... HOWEVER, I thought it was good on the spares. Very good actually and that is where it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back