Nearly a Midnight Snack for Dinner

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
There's one thing consistent with us; we rarely maintain a planned schedule. And it seems to get worse as we grow older. I worked from home yesterday, so I snuck outside at about 1 PM and prepped to throw these on. Looks like most of the brown sugar was on the parch paper:

20210628_140326.jpg

I will need to buy a face mask for when I open this lid:

20210628_134533.jpg

The power cord on the Bull is on the left side; the SF is on the right side and I'm a tad too short on power cord length. So for fun I used this power station:

20210628_134629.jpg

I don't like rust, chipped porcelain, nor blistered paint but I do like my smokers to look well-used. And I wish I were an Engineer so I could understand why the hopper doesn't extend the full length of the barrel. Something about this reminds me of Barney Fife's motorcycle with sidecar. Maybe Weber purposely held-back so I'd buy another one when they change it:

20210628_134735.jpg

Shelley breeds rabbits and when she got home from work there was a crisis. I didn't really have an opportunity to just pull and hold them, so I tweaked the temp and let them ride forever. It was 10:34 when we ate. By that time, I really didn't have an appetite and my original plans for bread and other sides did not happen, so this is a pitiful pic. I was so tired and still worried about Chucky, so my appetite is low and I called it quits after 3 ribs. Shelley went back for 3 more:

20210628_223340.jpg

After an 8 hour run time:

20210628_214201.jpg

I want to be careful about how I share this feedback. I can barely remember what I did on Sunday, so it's impossible for me to make a statement about how a rack of ribs or a pork shoulder taste compared to my Bull or other cookers; I'd need to smoke and eat them simultaneously to offer that detail. But Shelley and I can tell you we definitely like the taste from this SF. And I don't know what this means but after both sit idle I can lift the lids of the Bull and the SF and the SF definitely has a different smell, and one that pleases me. But I love the design and faithful performance of our Bull.

Wow; when I write things like "Shelley and I can tell you we definitely like the taste..." and ".. our Bull" it makes me feel I should buy another cooker for us.

Thanks, Gang!

Looks good to me! I wonder about the hopper too. They could have taken it all the way over, and come close to doubling the capacity. Could have even put a divider in it for running two different pellets at once. I love my SF and have come to appreciate many things about the design, but the hopper leaves me scratching my head.

Charlie

Back