Natural Gas Conversion to LP

Andy Hodges

Weber Grill 66015001
Serial UD11122403
Natural gas
39000 Btu
Has 2018 sticker but Weber says its a 2019

Hello everyone, glad to be accepted into this group. I have been a Weber fan for many years and have purchased several for myself and family members.

This time I did something a little different that has turned into a bit of an unexpected issue. I bought this grill barely used in hopes of converting it to LP, but Little did I know Weber does not help with this anymore.
Is there anyone that can tell me if this particular grill can be converted by purchasing orifice blanks and drilling to proper opening (or buy ready to install).
Then add the correct regulator and hose, and if the existing valves will work with LP.

Hi Andy I'd suggest editing your post to remove the serial number.

Have you registered the grill with Weber? If not someone else might try using that SN

Our standard recommendation is to replace the entire manifold.

Weber Grill 66015001
The consensus here is the best way to do an NG to LP conversion is to replace the manifold. It would also be possible to replace each of the valves, and that may end up the same cost.

Here is an example manifold:

You will also need to add a tank hanger and an LP hose/regulator.

The fitting inside the grill that goes to a 3/8" flare nut will accept an LP hose with regulator so the hard lines inside the grill should be the same for LP and NG.

FInding a donor grill is probably your best bet. There are a lot of LP grills out there and finding one cheap might take a little time but is probably going to be a lot cheaper than buying a new manifold.

That gets a little harder when you need a newer model as a donor. I doubt you can beat that price on a used Genesis II. Might be worth it in this instance to shop around (including eBay) and go with buying new. But keep your eyes open! You never know.

I have no experience with this grill nor do I know the answer to your questions. However, you are potentially going down a rabbit hole. I really doubt that Weber makes their valves. The valves on one grill might actually be slightly different from the valves on another. The point is that neither Weber or someone on a forum or anyone can really certify that your existing valves will work in a different application.

Also, think carefully before throwing out the old pieces. They might come in handy at some random time in the future.

Weber Grill 66015001
Serial UD11122403
Natural gas
39000 Btu
Has 2018 sticker but Weber says its a 2019

Hello everyone, glad to be accepted into this group. I have been a Weber fan for many years and have purchased several for myself and family members.

This time I did something a little different that has turned into a bit of an unexpected issue. I bought this grill barely used in hopes of converting it to LP, but Little did I know Weber does not help with this anymore.
Is there anyone that can tell me if this particular grill can be converted by purchasing orifice blanks and drilling to proper opening (or buy ready to install).
Then add the correct regulator and hose, and if the existing valves will work with LP.
The only truly safe way is to buy an entire manifold of the type gas you want. Weber uses/used different type valves many times even on the same model grill and fuel type. Why? I guess because wherever there was a sale going on in China or wherever that's what they got. Now, someone who REALLY knows their way around gas might be able to but in most cases the valve's internals are different enough to ruin that idea. Either sell the grill and get one in the type gas you want, have NG installed to your grill (trust me you will NOT be sorry) or get an entire manifold and proper plumbing for it

Well said, Larry. If he got a good enough deal on this Genesis II, he might come out just fine $-wise with a new manifold, and at least that key component would be brand-new.

Back