National Seafood Month Almost Here

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
National Seafood Month is October so I had to get in a little practice. I pulled a one pound chunk of halibut from the freezer. Got some baby red potatoes and a few veggies ready too. Here's the cook.

Two inches thick.

enhance

Let marinate in some evoo, lemon juice, dry white wine and garlic. Gave it about half hour.

enhance

Went with some balsamic grilled vegetables today. Mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, evoo, brown sugar and some dried herbs.

enhance

Halved the baby potatoes and let them marinate in some oil, onion, onion powder, garlic powder and some Italian seasoning. These will be cooke a foil pack.

enhance

Sides on.

enhance

Halibut on a very hot griddle.

enhance

Due to thickness, gave it about 5 minutes a side. Pulled when meat flaked easily with a fork.

enhance

Sides done too.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

enhance

I was very happy with this cook. The fish was moist and extremely flaky. Sides were tasty too. Great way to spend a Saturday night. Thank you all for looking.

Cliff, that is one fantastic cook. Everything on that plate looks so delicious and I want some. I love halibut but never have cooked it myself. May have to give it a try, thanks for sharing this great cook.

Hmmm I see a halibut dinner in my future, hope it comes out half as nice as yours. I'll let Barb take on this one.

Very tasty looking dish, Cliff! I'd be pretty ecstatic if I had a block of halibut like that in my freezer! I keep waiting for my neighbor to offer me some of his fresh catch again (I've been priming the pump with various BBQ offerings.....) :)

Think I'll hit CostCo at lunch today and see if they have any line caught salmon.

R

Looks tasty. Halibut is on our menu this week too. Not sure how I'm going to cook it yet.

Back