National Front Yard BBQ Day - Oct 3rd

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Wanted to pass this along from the guys over at Hunsaker Smokers

Screenshot_20200904-072217(1).pngScreenshot_20200904-072320(1).png

Sounds like a cool idea, I thought some of you would like to participate. Grill out smoke something in your front yard. Let your neighbors get to see some of your BBQ magic in action, rather than just smelling it from across the fence!

Sounds like a great way to socialize. It also reminds me of an old Ask a Mexican column about partying in the front yard. It seems the Mexicans were way out ahead of this idea.

Dear Mexican: Why is it that Mexicans prefer to party, barbeque, dance, and drink in their front yards?

Dear Mexican: Why do Mexicans do everything in the front yard? From cooking on the grill, to celebrating birthday parties with inflatable playgrounds like at Burger King to hanging their wet clothes over the railings on their front porch?

Dear Gabachos: The sooner gabachos realize that front yards are just a pathetic remnant of Gilded Age nitwits pretending to live like British lords and start using yardas like Mexicans, the better off this country will be. Since houses in Mexico historically had no lawns or ornamental plants (that's what the fields were for), Mexicans view front yards as virgin land ripe for the taking. We grow fruit trees and sugarcane; we park cars on it. And, : we'll happily put a Dora the Explorer bounce house in the front. Why? Because the back yard is already too packed with partying Mexicans.

Ask a Mexican: Why do Mexis hang out in the front yard instead of the back? By Gustavo Arellano

So maybe you should be out in your front yard BBQing for your own safety!:)
That's a good one the problem is I can't my front yard is a hill as I have a walkout basement. They will be watching upstairs so I can hide out in my man cave doing chicken wings on the performer. Maybe make one of them watch the game upstairs and one of them in the basement with me, I have a HD projector with a 110" screen my wife believe it or not prefers the 55" plasma upstairs. :)

That's a good one the problem is I can't my front yard is a hill as I have a walkout basement. They will be watching upstairs so I can hide out in my man cave doing chicken wings on the performer. Maybe make one of them watch the game upstairs and one of them in the basement with me, I have a HD projector with a 110" screen my wife believe it or not prefers the 55" plasma upstairs. :)
Same at my house, we have a killer home theater room with 9.2 speaker setup and 75" tv, but the wife prefers to stay upstairs and watch the basic 55" tv.
She might be allergic to walking up and down the stairs!

My front yard is used only by the people who miss the curve...why would I expose my valuable Webers to such risk? ;)
CarCrash20141105_4.jpg

Back