Napoleon Prestige VS New Weber Genesis

Anyone know if a jump to the Napoleon Prestige Pro gets you away from the stamped steel cabinet? As best I can tell, it gets you an ice bucket and a couple of other gizmos beyond the standard Prestige but they remain very quiet about the cabinet material. If it is stainless, I’d seriously consider one even at a $3200+/- price point.
Would you, Tom? Thing has to have a dozen fail points. Stainless or not, hard to imagine it getting handed down to your grandkids. What are the chances of parts even being availalbe in 10 years?

Would you, Tom? Thing has to have a dozen fail points. Stainless or not, hard to imagine it getting handed down to your grandkids. What are the chances of parts even being availalbe in 10 years?
I think quite good if taken care of. Mine is about 6 years old and sort of abused (why I got it so cheap), the only part that needed replacing was the drip tray. I tore it completely apart and everything held up quite nice. I do believe this grill will last as long if not longer than any Weber built in the last 10 years. Remember it has a cast aluminum fire box! (check thread) https://tvwbb.com/threads/long-dist...n-prestige-500-and-initial-impressions.88249/

I’d certainly be tempted. The old Spirit at camp is soon to be due for replacement. Even with all of the caveats and disclaimers attached to the Lifetime Warranty, I’d still be looking at a full 15 year warranty on the stamped steel components. Unless I found myself completely turned off by something I found in a hands-on shopping experience, I’d move it ahead of any of Weber’s current offerings. The trick for me is to avoid that whole hands-on event in the first place. I’m weak like that and know I’d cave in and bring something home.

Last edited:
Lol. You fellas who have access to the best of the best among the old stuff. I can see, though, why you'd feel it's better than anything currently made by Weber and better than anything Weber's put out in some time.

Just a reminder that:

"Lifetime" Warranty
Does not mean the lifetime of the owner, as most people assume.

It's the "lifetime" of the product. And the company determines that.

Wow - Did not know that. Here is a definition that seems applicable and a video from ABC on Your Side giving a good example.

A lifetime warranty can mean the life of the product; once a manufacturer stops making replacement parts, the warranty ends. It can also mean as long as a company is in business, or as long as you are the first owner

I had a great Costco all-stainless grill (made by Char-Broil) that had a warranty of varying years, depending on the part. 99 years on the cast iron burners, can't remember the time on the grates and other parts.
I found out that once the cost of replacement parts exceeded the original cost of the grill, the warranty was over. I did get two sets of burners and a new set of grates before the warranty "ran out".

Back